Moms and Maids
Options

BM dress needs alterations...is this possible?

hi, so i am in my friend's wedding next weekend. we got the dresses in about a month ago, and then had some alterations done so bring it in and up a bit. however, the dress is still really big - especially in the bra part. i think it looks disproportional.

this is the dress:
http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/6574/

the dress just fits wrong because the top part is too big, it makes me look saggy. i was wondering if any seamstresses know if it is possible to have the waist band area brought up? i am just trying to make the cups look smaller so it doesnt look so weird. the waist band is supposed to start right under the bra line, but on me, it's about 1 inch under that. i just can't fill this dress up properly.

so if anyone can tell me whether or not this is feasible, that'd be great. i am going to a seamstress tomorrow, but i am a little impatient and i'm nervous it might make the dress look different. thanks!
Happily married since 9/1/2012!
The Whimsical Wifey

Re: BM dress needs alterations...is this possible?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    It's hard to tell without seeing the dress in person, but the seamstress should be able to do something about it. Either bring the waistband up or put in some darts in the bust to make it fit closer.
  • Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011

It sounds like the first time you got it altered they didn't do it correctly or didn't bring it in enough in the bust area.  I am sure when you go to a seamstress tomorrow they will be able to fix it.  I don't think they will be able to bring the waist up, especially if the waist fits where it is suppose to.  When you talk about the cups being too big do you mean that the top of the cups sit way too high on your chest...if so they can always fold the cups down to make them not so big.  Oh and ask if they add bra cups into it to help with you feeling saggy.  Just breathe...I am sure it will all be fine.  BTW, the dress is adorable!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards