North Carolina

Happy Tuesday

How's your day so far?

We had our first returned invitation arrive yesterday.  FI's cousin in NYC evidently doesn't have his name on his mailbox yet (he just moved there a couple weeks ago).  If that's our only trouble then I'm not going to complain. 

We also got ceremony musician, our guest book, and favors all figured out yesterday.  That's pretty exciting too.

FFIL is doing well, he's still staying with us, but he's starting to get out of the house some during the day.  He's in better spirits too. 

Hope y'all have a great day!

Re: Happy Tuesday

• edited December 2011
    awesome checks!

Tuesday is Tuesday...just looking forward to my 2-day week next week!! wahoo!!
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Beth0882Beth0882 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tuesday is not going well.  My boss called early this morning b*%&#ing about some stuff that put me in a crappy mood and basically threatened to not give me my paycheck today if something didn't get done that I've been working my butt off on.  I told FI if I didn't have my paycheck by the end of the day there is a good chance I'm walking out.  Guess the wedding would no longer be as nice as planned, and we'd have to drastically cut down on our lifestyle, but at this point I'm ready to walk out.

On a happier note, we sent invites out Sat. and they were delivered to local people yesterday!

Thank God this is only a three day work week for me, so that even if things go better towards the end of today I only have one more to get through ebfore a mini-vacation. 
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina_happy-tuesday-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:115Discussion:bff1603f-3040-4d09-aca5-7165db2f2d4bPost:14b5b701-26c2-4f3b-875a-05c15492bdf1">Re: Happy Tuesday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Tuesday is not going well.  My boss called early this morning b*%&#ing about some stuff that put me in a crappy mood and basically threatened to not give me my paycheck today if something didn't get done that I've been working my butt off on.  I told FI if I didn't have my paycheck by the end of the day there is a good chance I'm walking out.  Guess the wedding would no longer be as nice as planned, and we'd have to drastically cut down on our lifestyle, but at this point I'm ready to walk out.
    Posted by Beth0882[/QUOTE]

Oh Beth.  That sucks.  I wouldn't think that your boss could llegally withhold your pay.
  • TinyTRex321TinyTRex321 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beth - sorry work is not going well. Your boss does not sound like a nice person to work for.

I'm home sick today. :( My nephew gave me, his mom, and his dad a stomach bug. Fun stuff!  At least I'm getting some wedding stuff done.  I have looked at invitations online, worked on a play list for the DJ, and I ordered the cutest clutches on Etsy for my bridesmaids. I picked different fabrics for them that I knew that would like (they aren't to use specificaly for the wedding). Probably early to do so but it's easier to spread out the money that is being spent.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • SassyPants150SassyPants150 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mary - Sounds super productive on WR activities...glad to hear that FFIL is feeling much better...and especially in better spirits...that's always uplifting

Sarah - Yeaaaa for 2 day week!

Beth - Sometimes its best to do what makes you happy!  Negativity spreads like wildfire and affects you outside of work.  Not that I would tell everyone to quit their jobs but if its financially possible go for the gold and find something that will give you the most opportunities to be happy and shine.

Jenni - Hope you feel better soon! I did a pretty good job in spreading everything out and I'm so glad I did.  I felt like everytime I turned around I was buying something but I still had it spread so that I didn't feel overwhelmed

I think that all of my preparations are done!  Is that a jinx? I hope not...I have everything lined up against the wall to take, labeled with what is in the box and where it goes.  All of the gifts for our attendants have been wrapped and notes written....a running list so that before its packed I will double check all of the boxes and everything.  I pick up my dress tomorrow and will be taking it to one of my bridesmaids houses so that she will be bringing it to me when she comes up for Rehearsal.  I sent out a "Day Of" schedule to all of the wedding party and parents last night so I'm feeling like I've gotten it together...I hope at least...

Best news of the day:  Weather Forecast for the Wedding Day:  80, Low Humidity, 0 chance of precipitation and SUNNY!  Lets just hope it stays that way!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
    Favorite thing about fall...Florida Football!

What's cookin'? BFP: May 16, 2011 DD born January 19, 2012 | Chart BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary imageBabyName Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards