Hawaii
Options

Hair Flowers

What type of hair flowers are you all using?  I'm going with real loose flowers, but I'm not sure what kind I should do!

Re: Hair Flowers

• Options
    breanessbreaness member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    cryssvcryssv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted 2 phaleonopsis orchids (white with the yellow centre) but after pricing it out it seemed kind of crazy to pay the $12 each for having them in Maui and then $30 just to buy a plant back at home to mimic it for the AHR... not to mention having back ups for any sort of bruising. I decided to order a silk one through an Etsy seller to use for both and who knows.... if I get to Maui and decide to use real ones I can still do that. The silk one should show up any day now

I also love the look of a few of the white dendrobium orchids - that might be the "loose" look your going for? ( I attached a pic below... maybe not necessarily the placement but you get the gist of the flower)

451x156 proportions
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Single cattaleya orchid - it was huge!
    http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5295/5548086677_7119823040_m.jpg

Had mini cymbidiums ordered for my sister.
  • Options
    maui2011maui2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I wanted a real orchid...we are in Hawaii after all ...i was going to get two  phaleonopsis orchids...then of course i was talked out of it...my mom wanted me to wear a tiara...that is so not me...the princess bride i am not...then i thought a lil bling in my hair might look really nice but still not sold...then i found a hair flower on etsy that is silk organza and very very flowy with a crystal in the middle...so that is the winner...a bit pricey but very nice. Thx. J. :-)
  • Options
    breanessbreaness member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_hair-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:3841180b-4357-4d92-bec6-f15e44b0cac6Post:4447d227-3d29-420b-9fc1-eeb362787cce">Re: Hair Flowers</a>:
    [QUOTE]Single cattaleya orchid - it was huge! <a href="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5295/5548086677_7119823040_m.jpg" rel='nofollow'>http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5295/5548086677_7119823040_m.jpg</a> Had mini cymbidiums ordered for my sister.
    Posted by Tanq&Tonic[/QUOTE]

<div>Gorgeous! </div><div>
    </div><div>I'm going the single flower route too- and for some reason I'm a lucky lady and it's included in the price of the hair stylist.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I ordered this one from etsy, it came in the mail yesterday and it's great. Nice size and honestly i'm not gonna have any super close up shots of my hair so I don't mind that it's not real, just one less thing to worry about when I get to HI.
  • Options
    TashaK24TashaK24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought this off Etsy, I wanted some bling and color and to be able to wear it at the AHR!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    AKWinterBrideAKWinterBride member
    edited December 2011
    I am also going with an orchid.  Our wedding theme has become orchids, so it will fit nicely! 
    Photobucket Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Orchids as well =)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kimmykupcakeskimmykupcakes member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to wear real flowers for the ceremony and then have something silk to switch it out for when it starts wilting. Haven't decided on what the real flower will be, yet.  My gf who sells flowers on etsy is going to make the silk one for me.  She will create anything you want so it works out well. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had cymbidium orchids
  • Options
    carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Got mine from etsy seller Mikiye, whose work is really well-made and it was just what I wanted.  I didn't want to worry about getting the right flower, and wanted a little bling in the flower, which is exactly what I got.  My BMs' hair flowers were orchids - I think dendrobiums (my hair stylist brought them fresh and made the hair flowers for each of the girls and my mom).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards