Louisiana-New Orleans

Seek photographer who will work hourly - journalistic style

Very small wedding - - -  pre wedding photos of bride and groom, then photos of short ceremony then a few more in the party and then done.  2 or so hours.  Really want more artistic journalistic style.

I know this is hard to find.   I just don't need 5 hours and tons of traditional family type wedding photos.  Might anyone have a suggestion as to who to try?  Any advice appreciated.

Re: Seek photographer who will work hourly - journalistic style

• I think you'd be hard pressed to find photographers who would be willing to do that, because they would make more money booking a full wedding.  They also wouldn't be able to book more than one wedding/day.  You may want to consider Lauren Carroll Photography or G. Chapin.  Both are reasonably priced and take great shots in the style you're looking for.  G. Chapin was the second shooter at my wedding and did a fantastic job.
  • Simone Epiphany Photography does artistic/photojournalistic style without a lot of cheesy posed portraits and advertises an hourly rate with a three hour minimum, and she was still a good value for us even with her travel fee from Austin.  She was responsive whenever I contacted her and we recently got our photos and were satisfied.  Another plus is that included in her price, she gives you the edited pictures on a disk, which is worth its weight in gold!

Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • I second Lauren Carroll. She did our engagement pictures and shes amazing. I think she would be willing to do something like that!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • You can try Jacqueline Kay Photography 5044703445. She's a local and very sweet. She does that kind of photojournal artistic style that you are going for. Hope this helps! :
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Many many thanks.  I am cognizant of the issue of my limited project versus the opportunity to do a very big project that night.  But, I have to try.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards