March 2013 Weddings

Some DIY projects!

Last night I went to the craft store, I'm using mason jars for my centerpieces and wanted some to be purple, so I bought alcohol ink to color the outsides. I also ended up buying some wire while I was there and am going to try making a hanger with Mrs.____ on it. I'm a little nervous about it, but it was only $2 for the wire so I figure if it doesn't work it wasn't a huge loss.
Anyone else working on any DIY projects this week?
siggyaugust Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Some DIY projects!

• Going to work on my petal aisle runner this wknd. Got about 20 ft done so far but still have a ways to go. Hopefully I will get my beads in to finish my cake stand too.
  • I am going to spray paint my flower girl basket this weekend. I picked up a nice basket in great condition of Goodwill last weekend. Only paid 99 cents and I wasnt even looking for one. I have some extra white spray paint laying around. If I am really motivated i will go ahead and assemble my card box :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have soooo many DIY projects this week I started cutting pieces for our favors 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker There is no right or wrong way to have a wedding.
  • Can't wait to see pics as people finish things! =)
  • Jealous that you guys are already starting your projects, haha. I think my problem is that I don't want to do everything too early and then have nothing to do or change my mind!

So nothing in progress yet, but we are getting things figured out. My mom works with someone who is letting us rent vases for the centerpieces. There are 90 vases (30 of each size) and a ton of small votives. She's letting us rent them for $40! I think that's a great deal! So sometime soon we're going to start trying different things like submerged fake flowers (hoping this works well!), colored water, things like that.

Also soon we're going to start picking paper for our invitations and such. My sister is great with design and she's a total perfectionist, so she will probably do a lot of the work ;-) So that means we will have to make a final decision on the design soon!

Other than that, still gathering ideas for all the other things I'm going to do. I play on DIYing a LOT of stuff (with the help of my awesome mom and sister of course!) so maybe I should get started now that we're moving in on the 9 month mark... :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • ice24chic :  What is this petal aisle runner you are making?  It sounds awesomeee!!! Can you post any pictres!!?!!
  • Oh my word. Dyed peticoats. How have I never seen this!?! Totally doing it. I might check the thrift store for one so if it doesn't work well I won't be out a ton of $!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards