Colorado-Denver
Options

Park Wedding

Hi there!

My fiance and i are getting married June 18, 2011 *woo hoo!* We love how beautiful colorado is and we want our guests (almost all out of town) to see why!

However, Our reception is in arvada and since everyone is from out of town we dont want to have the ceremony in the mountains and then make them drive all the way back *car sick anyone?*

So does anyone have any ideas for parks? Any parks with pretty views we could rent out for the ceremony?

Thanks!Laughing

Re: Park Wedding

• Options
    edited December 2011

When we were looking for locations to get married we looked at some parks downtown, but of course now I can't remember which one and can't find any info...but I'm pretty sure you can rent out spaces at Wash Park and City Park, and also Four Mile Park. Not sure if downtown is too far of a drive, but it's my only idea!
    Good luck!!

Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hopefully these links help.  Our wedding will be at this estate in Wheat Ridge:

Another idea to try is some of the parks around Denver, although I know that they can be competitive:

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank for the help! That estate is beautiful!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got married at City Park and had the reception there too...it was awesome.  Check out Denver Parks and Rec...you can find out lots of stuff from there or check out my siggy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I was using the wrong user name...check out my siggy below for park information.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    K- your siggy isn't on that one either!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Jade0085Jade0085 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have the same wedding date!! I know in the knot magazine they feature a couple who rented a gazebo/hall at a public park. I remember they dressed up the concrete restrooms with DIY baskets of soaps/hairspray/etc.and flowers. It turned out really cute. Just an idea!

I have a question for you - since our date is still a ways out there, how much planning have you done?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thats awesome jade congrats!! I have the reception all planned and booked. Just need to finalize some small detail stuff with them. I have the bridesmaids picked out but my FH is still figuring out is groomsmen. I've already figured out favors. All we really need to is figure out where to hold the actual ceremony. I dont want to check out parks in all this snow lol
    How about you?
    If you want to chat ideas email me emm_886@yahoo.com

Congats again!Laughing
  • Options
    Jade0085Jade0085 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are so ahead of the game! I've been slacking.. I don't have much planned. We started looking at venues this week.. it's tough!!! I will email you ! I have tons of questions!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Cheesman Park in Denver ha a GORGEOUS pavilion.
  • Options
    Lins9000Lins9000 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married in Golden at the Amphitheater. It is across from the Golden Hotel right on the creek. You can rent it at the Community Center. The best part it is inexpensive.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Red Rocks is beautiful! Are you getting married in the chapel or at the outdoor site? I found some pictures and its gorgeous! Its half an hour from where we are having the reception though, think thats too far for people to drive?
    If your having it at the outdoor site, did you rent chairs from them? How is the pricing for rentals?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards