New York-Hudson Valley

Grandview Food - Help!

I'm a Grandview (Poughkeepsie) bride with my wedding in May, and I was wondering how the food at your reception worked out.  I have an appointment to pick out my menu next month.  How did it go?  Did you like the food?  Were there any items you thought were the best?  or worst? Did you make any substitutions?

Re: Grandview Food - Help!

• Our food was outrageous. It was amazing and abundant. I don't really know where to start. Your choices are endless and our guests loved everything! The only upgrade we did was to the Vienesse hour and it was well worth it. I have pictures of the desserts from that if you would like to see.

Some of the favorites were- Anything from the cocktail hour really- they offered mini hamburgers and hot dogs, which were a big hit for our Summer wedding. And the asian station was fantastic.

The tasting will help you. Definitely go. We never would have chosen the asian station, but we did because of our tasting. We also realized that we didn't like one of the sides with the meals so we were able to substitute.

You made a wonderful choice- the Grandview was so amazing!!
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest my read shelf:
    Kristin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I totally agree with KWats! The food at our reception was absolutely outstanding. The only thing our guests raved about more than the food was the service. Our wedding was in 2009 so I can't remember everything we picked, but everything was great. We didn't pay extra for any upgrades. I think we had the pasta station and maybe a TexMex on (with quesadillas ec...). I know I'm not a great help with specifics, but I just wanted to let you know you really can't go wrong!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The sliders station is great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards