Maine

Photographers in Bar Harbor area

I am planning a wedding ceremony to take place in Acadia National Park (Bar Harbor, Maine) in August 2011. I desperately need some opinions, from locals, on photographers. I can search out photographers myself..but it would be a shot in the dark. I am from PA and have no idea who to choose!!
Thanks! 

Re: Photographers in Bar Harbor area

• edited December 2011
    My photographers were Portrait New England and they cover the entire region. They were a very nice couple and very reasonably priced. I was very happy with them and I chose them based on a friend's recommendation as well- their website is www.portraitnewengland.com
    Good luck and happy planning!
  • edited December 2011
    Also sent as a PM:

I came across your posting and had to message you. My photographers are not from Maine (which is where I am getting married) and I overheard them mention that they are doing their honeymoon in October, in Acadia Park of all places. They are photographers and after looking at the parks site I can see why they want to go there. You should look them up and see if they would want to shoot your wedding. They are priced great for what you get in return. They are super-talented and they are a couple so you get 2 for the price of 1. They list on their site that they are a New England based photography team and they shoot all over. They were in Florida, California, and ITALY!!! lucky ducks. Anyway, I am just looking to help. I live on Long Island, NY and I am getting married outside of Portland, Maine next March. I am super excited. Your wedding will be amazing, I hope to see some photos...

Take a look at their site and if you need more info you can reach out to me. Although, they have info on their site as well on how to reach them.

www.AlexisSteinPhoto.com

Best,
    Karen & Arnold
  • edited December 2011
    I encourage you to hire someone local to the area.  They are some great photographers in the Bangor / Bar Harbor area.

Check out:

Joanna Thyer
    Jennifer Stone

To name just a couple.

I'd imagine any photographer travelling up from Long Island is going to charge you a good fee for the distance.
  • edited December 2011
    Karen, you might want to take it easy on pushing your vendor recommendations because based on this post and the rest of your posts you sound an awful lot like you are in fact the photographer you keep pushing.  Major turnoff in my opinion.

Tell Alexis if she is so gung ho about getting her name on the Knot, then to buy an ad.
  • edited December 2011
    We are going with Mariko Brown Photography.  She is based in Frankfort, but she is not charging us to go down to Freeport, so I don't think she would charge for Bar Harbor travel.  We like her work (what she displayed at a bridal expo in Bangor, plus on her website), and she brings her husband as an assistant and he'll pick up a camera if necessary.  Our venue recommended Michelle Turner to us, and her work is beautiful based on what we saw on her website, but she is pretty pricey, and I though her stuff was too trendy for what I was looking for/looking to pay, if that makes sense.  I also looked at Birch Blaze photography out of NH based on someone's recc on this site, but they were booked for our date (they wouldn't charge to come to Freeport, but they might to go up to Bar Harbor).  Good luck! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards