Maryland-Baltimore
Options

Wrote a review about my photographer on wedding wire and thought I would share...

I am still in the process of preparing for my wedding, so Larry Huffman has not photographed my big day yet. However, I wanted to share how my experience has been while working with Larry so far. Let me first start off by saying, I personally interviewed 16 photographers. Plus, I was very picky with who I chose to interview. 

Larry was the 3rd photographer I interviewed. I loved him as soon as I met him, and I wanted to book him right then and there, but I am not impulsive and needed to interviews other photographers for my own reassurance. My pictures are the only thing I care about for my wedding, so I needed to compare every detail with each photographer. I am getting married at the Chesapeake Bay Beach Club, so I went to talk with their staff and owner about their thoughts on photographers who have worked at the Bay Club in the past. The owner himself swore that I would not go wrong with Larry and he highly recommended him. He also mentioned that he chose Larry to photograph his daughter's weddings. I felt like I couldn't get a better credible source than that, so I went back to interview Larry for a 2nd time (after interviewing all 16 photographers). I took my family and they loved him, so we booked him that night!

Since I have booked Larry, almost 6 months have gone by and I am more then thrilled and confident that I chose the best photographer. He returns my e-mails immediately and is more than accommodating with any of my request. He has also been helping me with my timeline for my wedding day. I mean I can't say enough about this guy. Also, this is the biggest plus (well for my parents anyways), his prices are unbeatable. He does both journalistic and traditional style photography. 

His work is amazing and he is a pleasure to be around. I am writing this review to all the brides that are driving themselves crazy going all over town trying to pick the best photographer. Save yourself the time and trouble! Book Larry. You will not regret it!!! Larryhuffmanphoto.com. 

Sincerley,
A future bride

Re: Wrote a review about my photographer on wedding wire and thought I would share...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! I am wondering what his prices are.  Also, I'm not sure what your budget is, but did you interview anybody in the $2000 - $3000 range that you thought was good?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The only guy I interviewed in that price range I was not impressed with and later found out by my wedding hairstylist that he is absolutely awful. Apparently this guy ironically did her wedding. J & S Productions was the company, so I definitely encourage you not to pursu them. As far as Larry's prices go, I will post you an average price range. I have to get his contract and it should tell me the packages so I can give you a ball park. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    His packages start off at 2,000. That is his most basic package and it has everything you need (photographer and edited pictures for you to keep) the prices go up with additional photographer and albums. That is the information I have anyways. Call him up though he answers his phone around this time. 410-643-0942 or e-mail him at larryhuffmanphoto@atlanticbb.net. Let me know if you have any other questions. Best of luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for the tip! Pictures are at the top of my list for the big day too. Did you find anyone that you liked under $2,000? That seems to be the average rate for a really good photographer, so I won't get my hopes up if you didn't find one.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No. I mean honestly,iIf pictures mean a lot to you then you gotta be willing to shell out at least 2 thousand. My mom and wedding hairstylist told me how upset they were becasue they had horrible photographers who were not experienced. I just couldn't imagine and I feel awful that they had that experience. That is why I went above and beyond to make sure I got the best photogrpaher that I felt reassured they would provide me with quality work. Don't have any regrets :) 

Btw, more tips. Make sure that you are provided with a picture of CDs that are not watermarkded. Some photogrpahers say they will give you a copy of the pictures on a CD but they are watermarked which means the pictures have their name on every photo. Also, I made sure I interviewed photographers that had at least 10 years experience. I wanted someone who knew how to work a camera when film was around. Now a days, anyone can be a photographer with digital. Larry has 15 years, so I felt like 10 to few and 20 too long. You need someone who knows film and digital. That was my thoughts anyways. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Only interviewed 3 wedding photographers but watched at least 30 photographers' portfolio.  Loved Carmen Wang Photography's portfolio and hired them for $2000 for 8-hour package.  Got all original photos and 300 professionally edited ones.  Just love them!!!!

Recently I checked their webstie and they have added more georgeous shots.  Make sure you check their new blog, too.  One thing is that they have increased their price a little.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards