Canada

GTKY Monday

1. What is your fav thing about the holiday season?
2. Who is the most difficult to shop for & why?
3. What are you getting FI/DH?
4. What's on your wish list this year?

Re: GTKY Monday

• edited December 2011

getting together with family, and eating great food!

FI's parents: he never knows what to get them, and of course they always say "nothing" or "we don't want anything" -i end up picking out the gifts anyway =P

a 'man'gagement ring!

4. What's on your wishlist this year?
        a serger! just took up sewing and having a lot of fun with it =P

• edited December 2011
    All the baked goods my momma sends us :P (I can bake but her stuff is to die for lol) Also the look and reaction of our daughter with the decorations, gifts, Santa etc. She'll be in the terrible twos on the 22nd. Hopefully she doesn't shred everything under the tree lol

FMIL & FFIL because they never use anything we give them! And when we ask what do they want they say oh nothing.
    So far, he has a recliner he wanted, all seasons of The Office, tools, a couple Simpsons things. That's all for now. We are going shopping again the weekend so he'll be getting more.
    A Wii Fit!! And it is sitting in the spare room :( hurry up Christmas morning lol
  • edited December 2011
    1. What is your fav thing about the holiday season? Just, the feeling, the couple weeks leading up to it, and the best moment for me is still Christmas morning with my family :)  I guess I'm still a kid at heart
    2. Who is the most difficult to shop for & why? My dad.  He just kinda likes trinkety things, and we've gotten him SOOO much Riders/Flames/Team Canada things over the years every year we have to try to think of something different.  Found a good one tonight..autographed Red Green Book!! Teehee!!  He'll love it!
     3. What are you getting FI/DH? We actually decided to get a few of our e-pics professionally printed and framed nicely.  We JUST bought a new house (like..Friday!) and are moving in January, and we thought it would be the perfect first things to put up on our walls!
    4. What's on your wish list this year? New purse, nice shirts (I work in autobody so I have toooons of dusty casual shirts, I don't dress up enough to think to buy new clothes once in awhile!)..I don't know.  Most things I want right now have to do with our house or wedding..haha.
  • edited December 2011
    Getting together with family... which won't happen this year :(
    I don't have anyone to shop for.
    Making a christmas card.
    I don't make a wish list.
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Everything okay, Smelly?  You seem sad!
  • echo136echo136 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A day late but Im doing it!!

1. What is your fav thing about the holiday season? SNOW and time with family
    2. Who is the most difficult to shop for & why? Fi - we actually talked about this the other today about how we hate shopping for one another because we are always looking for that amazing gift that the other mentioned once.  
    3. What are you getting FI/DH? NOTHING!! we both got new cell phones last month so that is our gifts. We will also get each other something smaller - no idea yet though! 
    4. What's on your wish list this year?  a kindle
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    ya I get pretty sad this time of year.  Christmas to me is being with family and friends.  Unfortunately, since I live across the country and only get one day off for Christmas I cannot be part of the christmas get togethers.  Just getting kinda sad now that Christmas is all in my face.  Sorry ladies!  Thanks LIttlin!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Aww sorry smelly :(
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_gtky-monday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:46Discussion:ef6cc856-da71-4eb5-9c6d-e31b38393c3ePost:467f19d7-1a68-467b-ab2b-303d63ef0ec6">Re: GTKY Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]ya I get pretty sad this time of year.  Christmas to me is being with family and friends.  Unfortunately, since I live across the country and only get one day off for Christmas I cannot be part of the christmas get togethers.  Just getting kinda sad now that Christmas is all in my face.  Sorry ladies!  Thanks LIttlin!
    Posted by smellymm83[/QUOTE]

I can relate to this. I moved last Christmas on the 28th to where we're living now :(
    This will be my very first Christmas away from my family! Makes me really sad to think about it. And I can't fly back because the price is nuts and we became official homeowners yesterday! It would be cheaper for me to fly to England rather then to my home town within this province! :(
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_gtky-monday-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:46Discussion:ef6cc856-da71-4eb5-9c6d-e31b38393c3ePost:ec3845d0-f1bd-40d9-ae3e-9a40d946c435">Re: GTKY Monday</a>:
    [QUOTE]3. What are you getting FI/DH? We actually decided to get a few of our e-pics professionally printed and framed nicely.  We JUST bought a new house (like..Friday!) and are moving in January, and we thought it would be the perfect first things to put up on our walls!
    Posted by tiffbot1985[/QUOTE]

Yay! Congratulations :)
    The deal closed on the house we bid on yesterday! We're official homeowners too lol.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Jessica..and congrats to you too!!  It's such a great feeling!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on the homeownership Jessica!!! YAY!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your fav thing about the holiday season?  The time spent with family.  Also I'm going to be with FI's family Christmas morning for the first time this season so I get to see the little ones open their gifts.  So excited!!

2. Who is the most difficult to shop for & why?  My dad.  When I ask what he wants, he tells me h doesn't want anything, and everything I know he wants is more than I can afford.

3. What are you getting FI/DH?  NHL Slapshot for the wii.

4. What's on your wish list this year?  Cookbooks, tv on dvd and clothes.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • edited December 2011
    1. What is your fav thing about the holiday season?  Christmas Music and Lights
    2. Who is the most difficult to shop for & why? My Dad and FI's mom
    3. What are you getting FI/DH? Xbox game and a wallet with a giftcard to Best buy
    4. What's on your wish list this year? Books! and an iHome clock
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    1. What is your fav thing about the holiday season? It's hard for me to get into "holiday mode" - I feel like a grinch sometimes until only a few days before Christmas, then I can play the music and be all "in the spirit".  I really like being with my family and eating delicious food - simple, but perfect.
    2. Who is the most difficult to shop for & why? DH's parents for sure, because they have everything and need nothing, and my brother is often tricky as well for the same reason.  He HATES getting gift cards which is my fall back gift!
    3. What are you getting FI/DH? DH is getting a lot of movies and books (I've gone Amazon shopping crazy), as well as a new leather briefcase for work and little things like underwear and socks and goofy other things I find him.
    4. What's on your wish list this year?  I mainly need clothes - work and casual, so I've asked for Lulu gift cards and Banana Republic gift cards for the most part.  I bought a ton of stuff in the spring/summer - like dresses for showers and parties before the wedding, and have been saving a TON of money since then and have bought nothing!  I can't wait to go shopping again!

Congrats to all the new home owners!  We bought a month ago but only close in February so lots of time until the move!  It's such an exciting time!

Sorry to smelly - I'm glad that you are seeing your family in January (I saw your other post), but I'm sorry you won't be with them during the holidays.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards