Florida-Central Florida

outdoor ceremony venues? - help please.

I'm trying to get some ideas for outdoor venues for our ceremony.    I'd like to stay around the Winter Park/Maitland area. Any ideas?  Thanks in advance:-)

Re: outdoor ceremony venues? - help please.

• edited December 2011
    Hi! There are lots of possibilities, but tell us more about you and your wedding, and we can give you more pointed suggestions. 

I was looking for a garden setting and FI liked waterfront settings, so we considered Polasek Museum, Leu Gardens, Cypress Grove, Lake Mary Events Centre, Courtyard at Lake Lucerne, Lake Eola, and Casa Feliz (where we are getting married!) - depending on the size of your wedding, places like Lake Lily Park or Quinn Strong Park could also be pretty settings. They are best for small events, from what I can tell.

How many guests are you anticipating? Do you need to have an indoor space for the reception or for backup/rain plans? Any particular theme/feel/vibe you want? Hope this helped - I'm sure the other girls will have ideas too! Good luck planning!
  • edited December 2011
    Casa feliz has an outdoor ceremony space and is really really pretty! Rollins may also have an outdoor space but I am not familiar with Rollins.
  • edited December 2011
    Wow Pretty Parula you are much more thorough than I ever could be!!!! I am just not an outside person- my hair would frizz too bad if I planned to get married outside!
  • AileeneGAileeneG member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A lot of people do weddings at the Central Park on Park Avenue if you want to stay in that area.
  • Blonde407Blonde407 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Winter Park Racquet Club
    **Blog Sale - UPDATED 04/03/2012**
    First weight loss goal - 40lbs... DONE! Second weight loss goal - 17lbs... LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Maison and Jardin is in Altamonte/Maitland they have an outdoor garden area.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    225 image Invited
    127 image Making the Trip
    98 image Missing out
    0 image MIA
    RSVP date February 19th
  • ashbosityashbosity member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at Mead Gardens, and have heard the Maitland Art Center is nice too. I LOVE the Central Park Rose Garden, and the Kraft Azalea Garden but they only accommodate like 25 people. Here's a link to the City of Winter Park's wedding guide:http://www.cityofwinterpark.org/Pages/Departments/Parks_and_Recreation/Weddings.aspx
    I found it helpful. Someone even said the Winter Park Farmer's Market has a nice outdoor area. Like Alyssa said, give us some more info and we'll be able to help you better. GL!
  • Theresa626Theresa626 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Highland Manor is a great reception area and they have this beautiful very tall and old oak weeping willow tree to get married under in front of a pasture. 

www.highlandmanorapopka.com
  • edited December 2011
    We want to have around 100-125 guests.  We would like a garden wedding.  We liked the Rose Garden at Leu Gardens, but I want to have a back up plan in case it gets booked.  We were planning on having the reception at Winter Park Farmer's Market. 

Thanks for the quick and detailed response!

• edited December 2011
    I'm having my reception at the farmers market too!!!! Many people have their ceremony on the porch thing at the farmers market and go inside for the reception. I don't know how many people that accomodates though.
  • jmucheech21jmucheech21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out Harmony Golf Preserve.. its by far our favorite so far!!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks, ladies.  Have a wonderful weekend.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards