New York-Long Island

Bourne Mansion in Oakdale

Has anyone had a reception at Bourne Mansion in Oakdale on Long Island with 200 guests?  Were the tables close with one another?  Was the dance floor small? And finally, was you your bar outside the room?

Re: Bourne Mansion in Oakdale

• dunnkatdunnkat member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you visited the Mansion yet? Its gorgeous I dont think 200 would make the tables too close at all, and the dance floor is huge! Ive never been to  a wedding there but I went to the bridal show there this month and Im sure there were a few hundred people there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    ive had a 200 person dinner there last year (no dance floor) and i did not believe they were close together. the venue is beautiful, the food is great, and the bar can be indoors/outdoors whatever you want. they are great people to work with! good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • smsuziesmsuzie member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know they attend to their guests and its a great place - no need to go anywhere but there to take pictures so it serves dual purpose and the food is great.
  • edited December 2011
    Just booked my wedding today!!! I want to keep it to 150 so that the ballroom isn't too crowded but I don't think 200 will be an issue. Anyway, the guests are free to walk throughout the mansion during the wedding, so you can expect that quite a few people (non-dancers) will be wandering about at any given time. I'm so excited to get married there!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • alithebridealithebride member
    Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited December 2011
    i've been to 2 events there. both had the bar in other rooms. one was pretty good, one was awful.  i wasn't really crazy abotu the service or food in either case.

• edited December 2011

Phhhhsss, please. It's fabulous!

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Hi!  I'm considering Bourne for my NYE wedding next year.. we're going to have about 250 guests and Bourne says they can accomodate but I am skeptical.  We definitely need to have a sizeable dance floor for this group too - thoughts??  Thank you!!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards