Connecticut
Options

DIY bouquet and centerpieces

Anyone putting together their own bouquet or centerpieces? I am crafty and pretty creative and feel like I can do it on my own. Any suggestions on preserving or putting them together? Thanks!

Re: DIY bouquet and centerpieces

• Options
    edited February 2013
    Flowers can go really quickly, so I wouldn't get your flowers until a day or two before the wedding. Of course you'd have to keep them in a cooler until you were ready to use them. When you first get the stems, you should cut them at an angle a little above the bottom and put them in warm water- the new cut and warm water makes it easier for them to suck up fresh water after they've been transported. 

As for putting them together, it depends upon what style you like. I'm sure there's lots of websites with instructions. 
  • Options
    thanks!!!
  • Options
    I was going to try but what i did didn't look like what I wanted.  I don't think I want to try doing them the day before my wedding either.  Though maybe, who knows.
    counting down to the big day
  • Options
    Hi - My wedding is in June this year and I'm planning to do my own centerpiece too.  We are doing a beach theme so I think it's okay to not have a lot of flowers at the reception.  I'm doing a large cylinder vase with sand, shells and pillar candle in the middle (similar to the one in the picture).  As for mine and my MOH bouquet, i'm using a florist because those are the only two things i'm paying for flowers so i'm going to go big with it.  Also, because I'm using peonies, i don't want to risk not being able to get them in early june.  But if you know that the type of flowers you are using for the bouquet will be avaible at the time of the wedding, i'd say go ahead and do it yourself.  My sister got married last year and she made her own bouquet out of blue hydrangea from her friend's tree, it was easy to make and only need a few heads.  It also stayed fresh through out the day too (just make sure that they were fresh when you get them, don't get the ones that have to be flown in from somewhere else and was in the fridge).  I'm sharing her bouquet here as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards