Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

engagement photos and breaking out

We are scheduled for our engagement shoot in a week and my forehead is so broken out :((( How worried should I be and any tips on making these suckers go away in a few days?
Ann and Brett 10.9.10

Re: engagement photos and breaking out

• take care of your skin, but don't freak out and exfoliate 3 times a day or something like that--you'll make it worse. just take care of it and most of the breakouts should be gone in a week. if not, get some really good concealer. also, photographers are usually good at working around breakouts and blemishes. they can always photoshop out offenders. when people look at my e-pics, they can't see the zit on my lip, or the scar under my nose from impetigo a few weeks prior. I used really good concealer (a combo of Benefit's Boi-ing, and Smashbox Camera-Ready foundation). the photographer used good lighting.

Glenna Harding Photography
  • You should try the air brush foundation, I know they do it at Sephora.  I've seen the end results and it truly makes flawless skin. 

Is your forehead bumpy with clogged pores or actual red zits? My sister's forehead, at one point looked like brail - covered in white bumps.  She went to the dermatologist and he unclogged all of her pores with a tool and recommended she wash her face with Dove soap because it was gentle.  She hasn't had a problem since and it cleared up very quickly.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Call you doctor and ask for a Rx for Epiduo.  It's a cream my derm gave me that clears my breakouts up without making my skin dry and peely.  Love that stuff.
    Abigail Rose, EDD 6/8/13 BabyFetus Ticker

Nose Job Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards