Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Can I do this??

So I would love to do the reading: by Wilfered A. Peterson, entitled: "The Art of Marriage" .... but here's the problem.. we're a lesbian couple getting married. 

In the reading it says, "It is not expecting the husband to wear a halo or the wife to have wings of an angel." This obviously does not work for the two of us.... Can we change it to "one to wear a halo or the other to have wings of an angel" ???? Or is that completely wrong? 
I need advice, thanks in advance!!! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers White Knot

Re: Can I do this??

• Options
    JaymezcJaymezc member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It is perfectly acceptable to change it to fit your circumstance. I think it actually sounds better with "one" substituted. The way relationships are this day anyway, we don't assume the ideal male/female roles from when this was written. So I would go with the substitute. It is a beautiful piece of writing, too. Great choice!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for your input! Really appreciate it!! :) 

Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers White Knot
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go for it. A) because I think it is perfectly acceptable and B) because we are using the same reading so I really enjoy it anyway :)
    I'm a Mrs & My Honeymoon Memory
    imageimage
    Wedding Items For Sale
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Absolutely you can change it!  My mom's reading something that says "Your mother and I have it...."  and we've changed that to "Your father and I have it."  Make it fit your circumstances and use the reading(s) you love!  We're also using "The Art of Marriage" - it's a great piece!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go for it! How people that you've invited will actually know what the actual words are?

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should change it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    BinxRoseBinxRose member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Definately feel free to change it! Nothing wrong with that.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards