September 2013 Weddings

rehearsal

has anyone booked their rehearsal dinner yet? if not when are you planning on doing that?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: rehearsal

• The only reason we have ours booked is because it was the place we were originally considering as our reception venue. FI works at a gorgeous private country club and, for a while, we planned on it for our venue. Then he started wavering, thinking he wouldn't want to be at work on his wedding day, or have all of his employees watch him do our first dance, etc. I knew he would never be happy with it, so I took it off the table. Well, he wasn't happy with that either! So the compromise was to have the RD there. I think it will work out nicely because I will be able to closely dictate exactly what food is served (I'm slightly obessed with mini foods and really want to incorporate that, if possible) and we will hopefully get our alcohol at cost.

If it weren't for this unique circumstance... I don't think we would have anything booked yet! But I am interested to see what others have planned.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Haven't booked up yet, but the inlaws are starting to make plans.  Personally, I'd love BBQ because we can't have it for the reception (big white dress+clumsy FI...not a good pair). 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_rehearsal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:ba20affe-6d30-4484-a74b-416aa5a3067cPost:60baee54-0133-43a4-9221-0eb4421e257f">Re: rehearsal</a>:
    [QUOTE]Haven't booked up yet, but the inlaws are starting to make plans.  Personally, I'd love BBQ because we can't have it for the reception (big white dress+clumsy FI...not a good pair). 
    Posted by TheFutureMrsRohlman22[/QUOTE]

We're having BBQ and fried chicken for our reception.  We're supplying personalized bibs for our guests!  :-)  And I'm going to wear a frilly apron while eating that says Bride.  We want our wedding to feel like a big party celebration and less like a formal hoity-toity occasion.   
    Sept '13 Siggy: Hair Inspiration: photo 019944c286331ab6fdf602efadf91e9e_zps2908bf88.jpg photo 80abfd960b2f390596c647e6ec4518d9_zpsdfb581e8.jpg Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2013-weddings_rehearsal?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:26a515ec-8009-4599-b81d-5edee3b3fb3cDiscussion:ba20affe-6d30-4484-a74b-416aa5a3067cPost:445bb53e-85f8-45f8-a701-f1df1a57871d">Re: rehearsal</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: rehearsal : We're having BBQ and fried chicken for our reception.  We're supplying personalized bibs for our guests!  :-)  And I'm going to wear a frilly apron while eating that says Bride.  We want our wedding to feel like a big party celebration and less like a formal hoity-toity occasion.   
    Posted by GoofyAssChick[/QUOTE]

Ours isn't going to be terribly formal but...it's A LOT of dress to try to protect and we're talking about the same man who, when we started dating, thought it'd be cute to pick me up and spin me around...and I ended up with my butt stuck in a trashcan.
  • My FILs are checking places out this weekend.  It's going to be in my area and they live three hours away so I'm sure they'll book early just to get it out of the way.
  • I just decided this week to have a RD so I haven't given much thought to it yet.  It will be at the beach since the WP and our families will be spending the Friday night before in the area.  Whatever we decide to do, it will be low-key.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My FILs are just killing me because they're telling us we need to invite 120 people (more than half the invite list - all the OOTs), AND that we need to be the ones planning it, even if they're paying for it. Where am I supposed to put 100+ people that's not going to feel like a whole other wedding? I told FI that I just cannot handle planning two parties, and asked if he could take over on this. We're trying to find a restaurant big enough to hold all of us which is proving to be difficult at best. We started looking early because...it's 100 freaking people!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ^Wow, that many just for the RD?  I'd hand that responsibility off too!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
    *** September 2013 Signature Challenge: Hair Inspiration! ***
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yeah...I stopped trying to fight it a while ago. I mean...they are paying for it, so they do get to decide who comes. And don't get me wrong, we're very grateful that they are offering to pay. It's just...SO MANY PEOPLE! Lol, I know in some circles (like theirs), it's customary to invite all OOT guests. In ours, it is not. My parents are equally flabbergasted. And of course, my dad is offended since all of our family is in town, and all of FI's family is OOT, it seems like "She's just throwing a party for her side of the family" (her being my FMIL). I can't even think about it without getting stressed out. And ultimately? I don't really care what happens at my RD! I'm sure it will be lovely.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards