California-Los Angeles
Options

LA Photographers

Hello LA Knotties, my fiance and I are currently looking for a wedding photographer and we are overwhelmed by choices!!!  Who did you pick to be your wedding photographer and why did you choose them?

Re: LA Photographers

• Options
    jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are a few posts on the first page asking the same thing.  Many will recommend Nataly Lemus and Laura Laing (both names are clicky and will take you to their sites).
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    theKylieBridetheKylieBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
     We went with Jenn and Travis ( www.jennandtravis.com ) and absolutely love, love, LOVE them. Fun, modern, and fresh.

• Options
    TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Emily ( www.emily-photo.com )

FI and I entered a contest she had for a free engagement session and won...When we met, we clicked IMMEDIATELY!

Our wedding has been pushed back to next year BUT we have used her for our engagement pictures, our daughters first birthday, our daughters 1st photo shoot, our holiday pictures, my buduoir pictures and she has also done my cousins shoot as well as my friends engagement pictures and my friends wedding.

If it werent for us winning the engagement session then I would have never met her BUT I am glad that we did because we absolutely LOVE her!

If you do reach out to her, let her know that Kanieka sent you.

HTH!
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My photog is relocating but a former knottie Candice Lawrence (http://lovecandeeblog.com/) did my boudior and she did an amazing job! Tell her you're a knottie!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using SoCalSunshine Productions.  We fell in love with the pictures on their website, but when we met them we immediately knew we had found our photographers!  They are a husband & wife team and we hit it off with them right away.  They made us feel like old friends, and combine that with their beautiful photography, it was an easy choice for us.  

www.socalsunshine.com.  

GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I recommend the following:

Photography by Hamilton www.photographybyhamilton.com
    Kevin McIntyre Photography - www.kevinmcphotograph.com
    Enchanted Poitrature - www.enchantedportraiture.com
    Anniversary
  • Options
    julybm08julybm08 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Aileen Secord because we loved her work and we meshed well with her personality.  Another one of my friends used her after us as their second shooter They had already signed a contract with their primary shooter and wanted to change their minds after they saw our pictures.  They hired Aileen as the 2nd and loved her pictures more than their primary.  Actually, ALL of the pictures that made it in their wedding album ended up being from Aileen instead of the other photog they paid so much more for.  One day I'll have another event worth taking pictures and I'd definitely hire her again.  www.aileensecord.com 
  • Options
    delila3451delila3451 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we are using www.anikalondon.com. They're a couple based out of San Diego but they don't charge a travel fee! I love love love their work...

Others I looked at:

www.weheartphotography.com (also based out of SD but told us they'd wave the travel fee and include a free engagement session if we met them at least half way in between - they were also SUPER nice)

www.amandadoublin.com (she's based out of Fullerton but will travel to LA for no additional cost)

www.ashleyraubach.com (based out of OC)

They were all reasonably priced (for our budget) and I loved all of their work - it was a tough choice, but in the end, we went with what worked best for us. Hope that helps!
  • Options
    ChristinaB02ChristinaB02 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recently had the honor of having my engagement photos taken with a photographer named Katrina Drake. She is very professional, CREATIVE, and is worth every penny. She is based in Southern California! Please check out her work if you are looking for a photographer! you will not be disappointed! 

www.katrinadrake.com

i hope this helps people who are still looking!

I'm sooo excited for my wedding!!!!! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We just booked Sarah from Hazelwood Photo!
  • Options
    missromeromissromero member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • Options
    kimbo1781kimbo1781 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked http://www.markmartinezphotography.com Came highly recommended and very reasdonable prices!
  • Options
    KfmarriedKfmarried member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Suthi Picotte.  Www.picottephotography.com Her photographs are art and have been featured in Brides magazine, Wedding Nouveau, Style Me Pretty, The Wedding Chicks, etc.  She is so kind and fun and her photographs are amazing.  Worth every penny. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Love is friendship on fire!
    2012 Reading Challenge
    Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 52 books.
    hide
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am looking into a new and up and coming husband and wife photog team.  www.choltphotography.com

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards