Hawaii
Options

dress drama!

Ladies, I need help with a back up plan.  My dress FINALLY came in on Monday but it was the wrong size. The shop said they'd alter to me for free. Sounded fixable, stressful but doable.  Well today, they went to steam the dress for today's try on fit session and there is a hole in a noticable spot. They contacted the manufacturer and will try to locate the dress in any one of several sizes (2-8) that will work. I just don't trust that to happen! My wedding is 3/23!

Do I ask for my money back and find a different dress- maybe off rack at David's Bridal or find a gently used dress to get altered? Wear a grass skirt and coconut shells? ha  I'm stressing out. What would you do?  I will wait until Friday but like I said, I just don't trust that they will find a dress magically by then.  I need a plan. Thank you!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: dress drama!

• Options
    It's on them to make this right, so hopefully they will be able to rush a dress in time. 

However, I would go look at DB just to be safe NOW to ease your mind if you find something that you like that will work. The last thing you want is to stress over this for the next few days.. especially if you're like me and your weight fluctuates when you're stressed.
  • Options
    I total agree with Brea, that if its their fault they should fix it but just in the mean time to go look at DBs.  I don'tknow if it will help but I were in your shoes I be on the wedding shops back like a rabid monkey asking for updates.  I'm so sorry that this happened to you.  Stay optimistic and don't stress ( I know its hard not to but try!)
  • Options
    I agree with Brea. Find a back-up dress just in case things don't work out with your dress, but yes the bridal shop should definitely make it right...especially since your day is quickly approaching!
    DW Siggy Challenge
    Dream Honeymoon Destination: Bora Bora

My Planning Bio *updated 04/10/12*

Visit Maui.Weddings.com
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I definitely agree with the other ladies' posts.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2012
    If you do get your money back (and nothing else works out of course), don't forget to check the off the rack dresses.  You could always find a good deal there too.  Good luck!!

• Options
    Depending on where you live and what your style is, the Bridal Salon at Nordstrom (there are only about 30 in the US, including one in San Francisco) is great.  Their dresses are fairly affordable in the world of wedding dresses (a lot of Nicole Miller).  Also, if they don't have your size, they'll order it from another store at no charge.  The best part is that until you alter it, it's fully refundable.  So, you can buy one for back up, and if you get something you like better at DB or your original store comes through, Nordstrom will give you all your money back.  They'll also hold your dress(es) for you until you need to alter it. 

I actually bought two of my dress and they're just sitting there until a few weeks before when I see which one fits best.  They're totally open about letting you buy multiple dresses and returning some.

Good luck!
  • Options
    I agree, find something just in case. I also would be calling or stopping in every day until they had an answer!
    ~jenn~ Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    Hi ladies, Thanks so much for your advice! The shop said a new dress will arrive in 2 weeks, it's 1-2 sizes too big, but should not have any imperfections. It was the only one available in this time crunch. They will pay for alterations (but they aren't throwing in a free hem, discount or anything extra for this stress and inconvenience!). I will go to the SF Nordstroms this week and check the selection- that seems like an amazing return policy on a wedding dress! Thanks for letting me know about that! Coincidentally I recently found an incredible little black dress by Nicole Miller so I feel good about a wedding dress by that designer. I am disappointed and anxious and will try to stay calm and optimistic until this is all resolved. The plus side is I still love the dress. I will absolutely call every few days to check in. What's a wedding without a little drama? And in case you were wondering, it's this dress:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards