Getting in Shape

Real Portion Sizes

I went to the Nutritionist yesterday. Good News! I am doing great at Exercising. Bad news-- my perception of proper portions is really off! It's a no wonder its hard to lose weight and keep it off! So amazed! He said eating is 80% and exercise is 20%. I could run 10miles everyday, but if I kept shoveling in too much food it wasn't going to work, even if I was eating "healthy" (fruits, veggies and lean meats) my portions were out of control.

This morning I portioned it out and weighed my food (something he said to do until I got in the habit) and I was like "that's it?" keeping tons of veggies  for snacks but definitely was eating to much "healthy" food before.
LilySlim Fitness goals tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Real Portion Sizes

• I'm on day 2 of weight watchers and learning the same lesson. It's hard though, these tiny portions are not filling!!!  Most veggies are 0 points so I can load up on them to fill up, but it's just not as satisfying as another piece of chicken!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • yeah, it's very common to mistake portion sizes. Even veggies and fruits have proper portion sizes. It's scary to go way over in cal and scary to end up way under, so just be careful to find a good balance. 
    Using a scale for the most accurate portions is a GREAT way to go. Food logging does wonders as well. 
    GL on your health and fitness journey!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards