Alaska

Alaskan Budget Bride Wanting Your Decorations

Hey all!
I'm a Juneau Alaska bride and I'm looking to buy decorations from former Alaskan brides. I'm on a budget and also wanting to recyle gently used decorations which might otherwise be wasted.
I'm getting married in August of 2011. The wedding colors are light grey (think pussywillows) and pale pink (think poenies).
I would love to hear from you!
I would be most interested in linens, class vases/jars, centerpieces.... mostly decorations for the reception.
Thanks!

Re: Alaskan Budget Bride Wanting Your Decorations

• edited December 2011
    My colors are green,pink,and grey im getting married in may.. im in anchorage/eagle river though, but after the wedding ill left you know for sure if i have anything you might want..
    imageAnniversary
  • dco324dco324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will be getting married July 8 in Anchorage and we are using various shades of pink.  I am also doing our flowers with real touch and the bouquets and bouts and corsages will all be peonies that could be reused.  I will also be purchasing chair covers and table overlays (pink) to resell after the wedding.  Keep in touch and I can show you what I get that will be up for grabs after the wedding.
    I married my best friend on July 8, 2011
  • edited December 2011
    Ask a local florist or a popular wedding venue if they have vases that you can borrow or rent. Florists usually have plenty of extras and if you are into using various sizes/shapes, it would make it even easier for them to still fulfill their regular orders. And a typical wedding venue may have vases that were left from previous weddings that they might rent to you. When I worked at a popular venue in Anchorage, we would inherit a lot of decorations that brides and grooms weren't interested in taking so you may check to see if they have other stuff you can use. Good luck and great color choices!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks hiloak. After your Big Day send me pics and I'll let you know! I'll pay for shipping etc...
  • edited December 2011

dc 324,
    Awesome! Lets keep in touch.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards