Missouri
Options

Reception hall destroyed

Hi Ladies,
My sister is getting married in Joplin in September. Fortunately, our family is safe. However, she was holding the reception at Elk's Lodge and it has been destroyed in the tornado. Does anyone have any recommendations for venues in the Joplin area? I'm just trying to help her out since she does not have power and is unable to do any research. Thank you for any input. 

Re: Reception hall destroyed

• Options
    edited December 2011
    So sorry to hear the news. I have many friends and family from the area and the whole situation is scary and sad.  I don't know what is still available in Joplin but an idea...what about moving the wedding to Springfield or even a smaller community close to Joplin that may be intact such as Carthage?  
    Wedding bliss since January 14, 2012!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would recommend moving the venue to Springfield if possible. The fact that the venue is destroyed presents a huge problem, but not only that, many other vendors were probably impacted as well. And I can only speculated that Joplin will still be in a state of disarray, even in September. Do you have OOT family coming in to town, with hopes of staying in a hotel? That also presents a problem. I'm in Springfield and would be happy to give her some info on venues around here, if she is interested. I am so glad to hear that your family is safe and sound. T & P for all the people in Joplin.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    jennalynne2jennalynne2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What a nightmare. We lost our apartment and my car, and I can't imagine the added stress of losing the wedding venue. So sorry she's having to deal with that. You might try joplineventcenters.com. I know they have 4 or 5 venues they rent out, and I think some (if not all) are still standing. And obviously not everything will be business as usual by September, but I think you should be okay with keeping the wedding in Joplin. It'll help rebuild the local economy, too, which would be great.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards