Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

It's da weekendz!

Am I jumping the gun with a weekend thread?  Probably. Okay, YES.  But Professor, I saw this tonight and immediately thought of you:

bahahahaha.  LOVE.  I want to work in a office where we can do this. 

Wha'ts everyone else up to this weekend?

Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: It's da weekendz!

• Low key this weekend. Have a lot of house to clean. This time next week I'll be on Bourbon St, though :)
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
    I'm not so good with the advice... Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
  • Haha, I love that gif.  =)

My sister and I played lots of Jeopardy! Drinking Game last night.  It was probably the most sisterly bonding we've done in a very long time.
    Anniversary

• LOL, great gif!!!
  • So I'm going to be lame here and say that I've never been to NOLA.....and last weekend was the first time in my life that I've been to Austin.  How this is possible, I don't know.  I've lived in DFW my entire life (except the 2 years I was at TTU) and I'd never been to Austin before?  Weird.  But I will tell you I'm dreaming of kolaches from The Czech Stop - should have never opened Pandora's Box!

• HA, I need to find an appropriate place to use this gem of a gif as well:

• Ok I love that I feel like doing what that little girl us doing and that face...haha. I'm working all weekend that's why I want to shake a brush at someone or throw it. I'd probably throw it at FI. He hasnt finalized his stinking guest list. Grrrrr!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Yay Wendi for NOLA!  I am still dreaming of the food I ate a month ago!! 
    Angelsong, I love that girl and the brush...and I LOVE Austin!  

Not much here.  Just got back from our first baseball practice for the little guy for the fall season.  Remy had his "boy surgery" last week, and I'm trying to figure out if everything looks okay, or if it's swollen, and of course, the vet closes at noon on Saturdays.  Poor little guy!  

Other than that, I bought a Groupon for Ad-Libs a few weeks ago, so we're going for a late birthday celebration for the DH.  He loves comedy, and I love improv, so it should be fun.  And WENDI, we are staying at The Magnolia tonight, so we'll have a cocktail for you in your honor!!
  • edited August 2012
    Oh, I LOVE Czech Stop, but Gerik's has a special place in my heart -- H is related to the owners through his grandmother.  =)

Plus, they opened up stores in Waco, so no more driving all the way to West!
    Anniversary

• Amy, my first trip to Austin was April 2011, when my cousin got married. The highlight was definitely Czech Stop.

Kylie, Mr B's is on my shortlist for this trip I think. MMMM BBQ Shrimp! (and totally jealous you are staying at the Magnolia!)
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • See, H didn't want to stop at Czech Stop.  He was all, "I don't like sweet things for breakfast.  I just don't even like breakfast. Why are we doing this."  There was heavy sighing and everything.  And then the took a bite of his pepperoni kolache and got this huge stupid grin on his face and said, "Not bad, not bad."  That's code for, "ERMAHGERD THIS IS SO EFFING AMAZING."  There will never be a question as to whether or not we will be stopping at Czech Stop.  I just wish it was closer!

We're starting a healthier eating thing tomorrow.  I'm kind of excited, but mostly I'm not.  I had a "last meal" of Jorg's tonight followed by a DQ Blizzard.  Tomorrow, it's on.  I am such a carb fanatic that I really can't comprehend how I'm going to manage this.
  • Me love Czech Stop!!! As a child going back and forth to A&M, I can't even recall my first trip. Every time I came home my parents would put in an order to bring home.

And yay for New Orleans! H's ex-stepmom (the one that was invited to the wedding, but H's mom wasn't going to go if she did go, but she ended up not coming anyways due to the drama, etc etc) lives in New Orleans and as her wedding present/ apology for not attending, she's going to host us there for Halloween Weekend and it's going to be all sorts of fun! I've only been once when our cruise ship got emergency-diverted to their port. Long story.

Anywho, I went to Montague County for Hotter N Hell, and my dad and I shot some guns so I can figure out what kind I want to purchase. I am so gun-stupid. But I am learning.

Also I kept shooting the body-target in the head. Apparently I have no mercy...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_its-da-weekendz?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:102Discussion:e1cbc8c1-bd1d-4c88-8e27-e5dc6e76d691Post:381f5ad0-9772-467f-b519-f4544b2e8c25">Re: It's da weekendz!</a>:
    [QUOTE]And yay for New Orleans! H's ex-stepmom (the one that was invited to the wedding, but H's mom wasn't going to go if she did go, but she ended up not coming anyways due to the drama, etc etc) lives in New Orleans and as her wedding present/ apology for not attending, she's going to host us there for Halloween Weekend and it's going to be all sorts of fun!
    Posted by cwaggoner07[/QUOTE]

Oh I would DIE to be there Halloween weekend! We are going during Southern Decadence, which I thought was a food fest when it came across the Convention and Visitor's Bureau e-mail that I subscribe to. I couldn't be more wrong. It's their annual Gay Mardi Gras. The guys are a little leary now LOL. Carrie, if you get a chance, check out the Grayline Tours walking cocktail tour (daily at 4pm.) It's a historic tour that visits French Quarter bars and goes into how the signature drinks came to be. This will be my third time to do this, as I have been with "virgins" on each NOLA trip. So worth it though!

My favorite festivals that I have been there during were on the same weekend in March - they have a food fest that shuts down Royal St, like a "taste of" event, and also a Tennessee Williams festival, complete with a "Stella!" yelling contest. <a href="http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6344234n" rel="nofollow">http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=6344234n</a>
    ~DFWs Resident Snark~
  • After hearing so many people lately talk about Jorg's (namely Amy and Amanda!), I decided to google it tonight and see what it was all about. Looks like J and I will need to stop in (if it weren't closed on Sunday, we would be there right NOW), I love veal schnitzel and spaetzle and theirs sounds amazing. The only other place in Dallas that I've had both was at Neighborhood Services, and it is to die for. J is a German beer nerd, so it won't take much convincing to get him out the door :)
    AND, Amy--you're not the only lame-o here that hasn't been to NOLA. Sadly, we never have either. I hadn't even set foot in LA until June when we road tripped to my sister's wedding in NC.
    Now all I can think about is how effing hungry I am with all the Jorg's and Czech Stop talk--J is at a trivia tournament in Irving and was supposed to be home 2 hours ago. The winning team of 5 splits $3K, so I guess the fact that he is still gone is a good thing. But I have a bad case of the hungries and he told me to not start dinner until he was on his way home. Growl. Back to my SATC marathon.

• Mr. B's Bistro. 
    YUM!!  And totally not wanting my healthy chicken I have for lunch now!!

And Sunday, H and I were debating where to go for lunch since we were in downtown, and like Court, decded to try Jorg's.  Major Fail.  Didn't know there wasn't one in Dallas.  :-(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards