• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Second Weddings

so surprised!

My sister (MOH) called me this morning to let me know that she and my other bridesmaids and closet friends were going to throw me a bridal shower!! I was so surprised - I did NOT expect it :D
I should go on to explain that for my first wedding: we got married through a civil service and it was really quick, there was not time for me to even pick a bridal party. 2 years later when we decided to be married by the catholic church - I was told that I probably would not get any shower because I had actually already been married (both times I never asked to have anything done - but I had secretly hoped for one).
So now for this time around, I am absolutely touched that they would do something for me. This realtionship with my FI is so different from my last marragie - I am a whole new person, so much happier than I ever thought I could be.... I just wanted to share this with someone, how truly happy I am. I had been reading some of the other posts on this board, and I feel here, I am with others that understand that sometimes you make mistakes in your life, but that allows you to truly appreciate the wonderful things too.
<3<3<3
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: so surprised!

• Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    Seventh Anniversary 5000 Comments 25 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    I agree, that is SO thoughtful of them. Congrats on finding your perfect mate, and having such a fabulous bridal party. Enjoy it!
  • edited December 2011
    That's great! I was somewhat surprised too when everyone was begging to throw me a bridal shower for my second marriage. I never got any of those things with my first marriage, but I figured I'd missed that opportunity. Have a good time at your shower! :)
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
    Daisypath Vacation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards