Pennsylvania-Central
Options

Bridesmaid Dresses

I NEED HELP!!!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen! Please help me to figure out how to hoose bridesmaid dresses! im looking and looking and looking!. I just keep getting stuck on the designs but my fiance says that I am leaning more to the dresses that I like personally. So please give some advice

Thanks

Re: Bridesmaid Dresses

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Take your girls and let them pick what they like... you'll need to get their input, plus see what flatters them all!
  • Options
    ncd5015ncd5015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I have 7 BM, but I only took two of my BM and my mom to look for BM dresses. Everyone sort of picked different dresses and we went from there! We made sure both girls tried each dress on so we could see what we liked and what we didn't. I kept all of the girls updated on the dresses we liked and what we didn't and asked for opinions. I also asked what a good price point was for everyone so I wasn't picking something that cost too much money!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bridalgal50bridalgal50 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My oldest daughter took her sister with her when hunting for dresses. Since her sister would be the one getting the largest size, she figured that a dress that flattered his sister (and MOH) would look good on everyone else as well.

On the other hand, this daughter chose about 4-5 styles that she liked then had all of her girls go together to try them on.  The girls will be wearing the same color, but different styles.
  • Options
    slpankuchslpankuch member
    edited December 2011
    I am giving them a swatch of fabric and letting them choose the style as long as it matches my fabric color. I am going with one of my BMs to help her look but the other one is in NJ so I will be sending a swatch to her.
    The BMs know what looks best on their own bodies. You don't pick out what they wear everyday do you? That way the girls find a dress they are comfortable in and they have a dress they will want to keep.
    They also have these neat dresses on ETSY.com that are convertible dresses. You can wear them like 15 different ways. Click:
    http://www.etsy.com/listing/65856709/convertible-bridesmaid-dress-jersey?ref=sr_a23a5dc08fd2575c040bf3fa11b91a00579967cadf40c2311eacd5d2700f3381_1318351829_14087631_bridesmaid_dress

Search convertible dress online and you will come up with more options too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    RaptorSLHRaptorSLH member
    edited December 2011
    I am letting them choose (almost) any dress that matches the color, length, and fabric I've chosen.  My MOH and BM have very different body shapes, and I want them to feel comfortable in something that flatters them - plus it's one less thing for me to decide :)

Color: If you already have your wedding colors picked out, this is easy.  If not, what's your/FI's favorite?

Length:  How formal is your event?  How fancy is your dress?  What is the temperature like for the location/season of your wedding?

Fabric: Satin is formal, stiff, and shiny.  Chiffon is softer, flowing, and lighter.  Both are common enough that your WP should find plenty of styles to choose from.

If you decide that your MOH/BMs must match, of course, you still have some deciding to do, but even so, deciding these factors first may help narrow it down.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards