Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

cardboad photo pages

I may be jumping the gun  a bit, but FI and I were talking about what to do with our wedding pics and we were going to make a photo book. He mentioned that he wants super high quality and if possible cardboard type pages. I looked on shutterfly and mixbook and they do not have those type of pages. Does anyone else know where I might find some?? And what do you all plan to do with all your wedding photos??

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: cardboad photo pages

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think you're talking about flush-mount albums, so-called because when the book is open, the thick pages join up and practically elimate the look of a gap in the middle of the pages.

I've just started researching these albums myself so I don't really have a recommendation for you.  I do know that the prices vary quite a bit, depending on how many pages you have and what kind of cover.  Some places have a free software program for you to use to make it a bit easier.

From what I've discovered so far, you can expect a 12x12 book with 20 pages to start at $220 and go up from there.  Certainly not a low-budget option; you won't find these kinds of books on shutterfly, mixbook, blurb, etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You should get this through your photographer. I am buying mine from my photog because no companies seem to make this for the average girl.
  • Options
    atomicphotoatomicphoto member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Pretty much all companies that make the high quality flush mount albums with the rigid pages only market to professionals and not the general public. Your best bet would be to go through your photographer, or if you have usage rights and a disc see if you can find a different photographer or an individual album designer. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think these companies offer thicker photo paper and/or flush-mount pages:
    AdoramaPix
    Mpix
    MyPublisher
    Picaboo

Also, this website has a ton of photo book reviews:
  • Options
    HaveAGoodDayHaveAGoodDay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Please look at We Design Albums.com.  They are owned by a major album manufacturer that supplies to photographers.  They offer exactly the type of rigid pages you are looking for.  The site allows you to upload your images, they will design it for you and once you give your final approval, print, bind and ship directly to you.

The exact album many photographers sell to their brides, but directly to you.  There are complete albums under $300.  Many sizes and colors are available.

Good luck in your search!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards