New York-New York City

Manhattan Swing Orchestra?

Hi Everyone,

I've been looking into companies where I can hire a DJ for the reception, but also a jazz band and string quartet for the cocktail hour.  I came across Manhattan Swing Orchestra and spoke with Joe from there.  He seems really great but I'm planning for about 200 miles from NYC and can't actually go to hear the bands play or meet with them in person.  I've also noticed that there aren't many reviews at all online about Manhattan Swing Orchestra, and those that are online are up to 5 years old.  Has anyone met with them or been to a wedding that they have played?  Any info will be helpful!

Re: Manhattan Swing Orchestra?

• edited December 2011
    We're using Manhattan Swing for our 8/28 wedding. The whole shebang -- string trio for the ceremony, jazz duo for the cocktail hour, 7-piece band for the reception. Joe's been really nice, but to be honest, not 100% organized when we want him to give us straight answers. He doesn't provide super-comprehensive lists of what they play. I'm a big classical music buff and want specific pieces played during the ceremony, but it took a long time to get him pinned down on whether he did or didn't know certain things. Still, he's been great on the other stuff and we're really excited for the actual party. The singers are fantastic and he'll send you a CD with some samples, and he'll give you contact info for other couples who've use them, too.
    Feel free to contact me after 8/28 and I'll let you know how it went!
  • jmarchionnijmarchionni member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much!  Best wishes and have a wonderful time on the 28th!!! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Would like to get some feedback on Manhattan Swing Orchrestra. Has anybody used them for their party or know somebody who has used them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards