Getting in Shape

half marathon??

just signed up for my first one mid-april, about 5 weeks before the wedding...eeek!
image122 Made the list!
image 89 Are ready to party!
image 11 Will be missing out!
image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: half marathon??

• So AWESOME!  You can do it!

• I am signed up to do one at the end of Feb! I am kind of nervous, I have never done any kind of race or marathon before! Good luck. How are you training?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_getting-shape_half-marathon-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:238Discussion:3c565c04-d1ef-4e5d-8ea9-1e113aacce16Post:95433a4b-3d9e-4ab5-86e1-0fc13d49da22">Re: half marathon??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am signed up to do one at the end of Feb! I am kind of nervous, I have never done any kind of race or marathon before! Good luck. How are you training?
    Posted by MyWedding13[/QUOTE]

Good luck to you too! I am using Fitness magazine's 8-week half marathon training, but doubling it (since I'm about 16 weeks away!). i used to do cross country back in high school, but no racing since then. doing a 10k next month in charleston to get my feet wet!
    image122 Made the list!
    image 89 Are ready to party!
    image 11 Will be missing out!
    image 22 Can't find the mailbox!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • That is great. I am doing one in NYC on April 2nd, approximately 6 weeks before my wedding. I did a 15k two years ago and now run only 4 miles per week. I googled half marathon training programs and found some great 12 week ones, so I start January 2nd. I hope to lose about 10 lbs. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards