July 2012 Weddings
Options

Wedding food

I'm a picky eater, so I'm not much for picking out meals.  If you were a guest at our wedding, which would you want to eat (we get 3 choices, not including a vegetarian option that isn't listed):

1. Herbed Panned Chicken Breast Paillard (with roasted fingerling potatoes, broccolini, Parisienne Garlic Carrots and Morel-Cognac sauce)

2. Herb Grilled Salmon Filet (Creamy dijon lentils, tender baby carrots, herb roasted fingerling potatoes, broccolini and mushroom saute with a dill butter sauce)

3. Slow Roasted Stuffed Chicken (Tomato, Artichoke and Eggplant Risotto stuffing with baby asparagus and carrots; roasted red pepper sauce)

4. Sundried Tomato Mahi Mahi & Grilled Shrimp (Lyionnase scalloped potatoes, roasted root vegetables, baby tomatoes and lemon butter)

5. Porcini Dusted Garlic & Herb Roasted New York Sirloin (Sour cream mashed potatoes, mushroom trio saute, broccolini and baby carrots; red wine sauce)

6. Roasted Beef Tenderloin (Swiss Au Gratin potatoes, steak asparagus spears, port roasted onions; morel cream sauce)

7. Grilled New York Sirloin & Salmon (Blue cheese leek risotto, steak cut asparagus, green peppercorn cognac sauce and lemon artichoke pesto)

8. New York Sirloin & Grilled Chicken (sauteed shallots and mushrooms, sour cream whipped potatoes, creamed spinach; merlot sauce and lemon butter)

9. Filet Mignon & Grilled Jumbo Prawns (Swiss au gratin potatoes, seasonal vegetables; mushroom cream sauce and mango butter)

10. Roasted Breast of Chicken with Grilled Jumbo Prawns (Garlic Whipped potatoes, seasonal vegetables; wild mushroom sauce and lemon butter)
Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview

Re: Wedding food

• Options
    3. Slow Roasted Stuffed Chicken (Tomato, Artichoke and Eggplant Risotto stuffing with baby asparagus and carrots; roasted red pepper sauce)

4. Sundried Tomato Mahi Mahi & Grilled Shrimp (Lyionnase scalloped potatoes, roasted root vegetables, baby tomatoes and lemon butter)

6. Roasted Beef Tenderloin (Swiss Au Gratin potatoes, steak asparagus spears, port roasted onions; morel cream sauce)

everything sounds absolutely delicious but these are the three that jumped out at me! i personally love salmon, but lots of people don't. it would be nice to offer a fish option, and mahi mahi is very mild and tasty.  i am also obsessed with au gratin potatoes which makes the beef tenderloin option that much better. i think if you do one seafood - one beef - and one chicken option, guests will be super happy.
  • Options
    1. Herbed Panned Chicken Breast Paillard (with roasted ringerling potatoes, broccolini, Parisienne Garlic Carrots and Morel-Cognac sauce)

These would be my top choices.  I usually always get chicken. 
  • Options
    Wow lots of options!!!!

9. Filet Mignon & Grilled Jumbo Prawns (Swiss au gratin potatoes, seasonal vegetables; mushroom cream sauce and mango butter)

10. Roasted Breast of Chicken with Grilled Jumbo Prawns (Garlic Whipped potatoes, seasonal vegetables; wild mushroom sauce and lemon butter)
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wedding-food?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:2b6bd946-a920-4e3e-9e3c-14ad61cd44dfPost:ef24849b-bddd-4af2-9e11-2a22151aab20">Re: Wedding food</a>:
    [QUOTE] it would be nice to offer a fish option, and mahi mahi is very mild and tasty.  i am also obsessed with au gratin potatoes which makes the beef tenderloin option that much better. <strong>i think if you do one seafood - one beef - and one chicken option, guests will be super happy</strong>.
    Posted by butterflyjumper1[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking, too.  I dont eat seafood at all, so I was thinking the Mahi Mahi, because I can't stand the smell of salmon.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wedding-food?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:2b6bd946-a920-4e3e-9e3c-14ad61cd44dfPost:cda47b1e-c3ba-437b-85d8-0b06f43c889d">Re: Wedding food</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding food : That's what I was thinking, too.  I dont eat seafood at all, so <strong>I was thinking the Mahi Mahi, because I can't stand the smell of salmon.
    </strong>Posted by AllyG303[/QUOTE]

yep, lots of people feel that way!! mahi mahi from my experience doesn't have a super fishy odor like salmon. 
  • Options
    1. Herbed Panned Chicken Breast Paillard (with roasted fingerling potatoes, broccolini, Parisienne Garlic Carrots and Morel-Cognac sauce)

All your choices sound awesome!!!!

Photobucket
  • Options
    3. Slow Roasted Stuffed Chicken (Tomato, Artichoke and Eggplant Risotto stuffing with baby asparagus and carrots; roasted red pepper sauce)

4. Sundried Tomato Mahi Mahi & Grilled Shrimp (Lyionnase scalloped potatoes, roasted root vegetables, baby tomatoes and lemon butter)

9. Filet Mignon & Grilled Jumbo Prawns (Swiss au gratin potatoes, seasonal vegetables; mushroom cream sauce and mango butter)

BTW-- all of the choices sound delicious!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    They all sound good, but I'm allergic to shrimp and prawns, so I would personally choice one of the chickens for myself.

I agree with PP that a safe bet is one beef, one chicken, and one seafood. That is exactly what we're doing (plus vegetarian).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    4. Sundried Tomato Mahi Mahi & Grilled Shrimp(Lyionnase scalloped potatoes, roasted root vegetables, baby tomatoes and lemon butter) 9. Filet Mignon & Grilled Jumbo Prawns (Swiss au gratin potatoes, seasonal vegetables; mushroom cream sauce and mango butter) 3. Slow Roasted Stuffed Chicken (Tomato, Artichoke and Eggplant Risotto stuffing with baby asparagus and carrots; roasted red pepper sauce)

I would do 1 beef, 1 chicken, 1 fish and the vegetarian dish that is what we are doing as well.  By the way you menu sounds delicious :)
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    we are not being very helpful today- everyone is picking different options. I was going to say:
    1. Herbed Panned Chicken Breast Paillard (with roasted fingerling potatoes, broccolini, Parisienne Garlic Carrots and Morel-Cognac sauce)

4. Sundried Tomato Mahi Mahi & Grilled Shrimp (Lyionnase scalloped potatoes, roasted root vegetables, baby tomatoes and lemon butter)

5. Porcini Dusted Garlic & Herb Roasted New York Sirloin(Sour cream mashed potatoes, mushroom trio saute, broccolini and baby carrots; red wine sauce)
    But yes, choosing one of all different types (chicken, beef and fish) is bound to make most of your guests very happy. and they all sound delicious!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with pp that a 1 chicken, 1 fish and 1 beef options are the best idea so heres what sounded super yummers to me...  although they all sounded pretty darn good! Happy picking :D

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'd pick number one or the salmon. But I think you're on the right track with chicken/beef/seafood.

One question though, also to others: what's with not listing the vegetarian option? If it's there, why not inform people about it? I'm not a strict vegetarian, but I try to eat not too much meat, and I'm always happy if there is a vegetarian choice for me. However, I'm pretty picky, and I like to know what I'm gonna get, so if I could choose between the above or a vegetarian mystery dish, I'd pick the chicken or so. A good vegetarian dish is not inferior to other food, and it's not just vegetarians who might pick it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ditto elizabethmae315's picks

I'm getting hungry now, thanks  :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

I eat chicken at home all the time so I'd go for the red meat options!  However, that wouldn't be a nice mix, but that's what looks really good right now!
  • Options
    Wow - you get SO many options.

90% of the time, I will pick a chicken entree. 

Based on description, this one is for me.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wedding-food?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:2b6bd946-a920-4e3e-9e3c-14ad61cd44dfPost:e424acad-c5a9-4e18-aad9-70b1299a3da6">Re: Wedding food</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd pick number one or the salmon. But I think you're on the right track with chicken/beef/seafood.<strong> One question though, also to others: what's with not listing the vegetarian option?</strong> If it's there, why not inform people about it? I'm not a strict vegetarian, but I try to eat not too much meat, and I'm always happy if there is a vegetarian choice for me. However, I'm pretty picky, and I like to know what I'm gonna get, so if I could choose between the above or a vegetarian mystery dish, I'd pick the chicken or so. A good vegetarian dish is not inferior to other food, and it's not just vegetarians who might pick it.
    Posted by Elinetrouwt[/QUOTE]

At my venue we do not pick the vegetarian option, the person who choses it does. There are about 5 choices and when someone responds that they want vegetarian we are supossed to call them and ask which of the 5 options they want. That way they get something that they will enjoy. This also helps to accomadate vegan guests (of which I have at least one) because some of the vegie options are vegan but other are not. I wouldn't want to just choose the vegan one and have the vegetarians be unhappy or choose the other one and have the vegan starve.

image 180 invited image 145 are ready to party image 35 are missing out image 0! can't find the mailbox rsvp's due back June 20th! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wedding-food?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:2b6bd946-a920-4e3e-9e3c-14ad61cd44dfPost:25ebb212-a8ff-4d80-94f2-927185594a3a">Re: Wedding food</a>:
    [QUOTE]3. Slow Roasted Stuffed Chicken  (Tomato, Artichoke and Eggplant Risotto stuffing with baby asparagus and carrots; roasted red pepper sauce) 4. Sundried Tomato Mahi Mahi & Grilled Shrimp  (Lyionnase scalloped potatoes, roasted root vegetables, baby tomatoes and lemon butter) 9. Filet Mignon & Grilled Jumbo Prawns  (Swiss au gratin potatoes, seasonal vegetables; mushroom cream sauce and mango butter) BTW-- all of the choices sound delicious!
    Posted by BeachLover2885[/QUOTE]

I agree with these choices. As a seafood lover, I'd love some mahi mahi at a wedding. In fact, this makes me want to see if our caterer can do mahi!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_wedding-food?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:2b6bd946-a920-4e3e-9e3c-14ad61cd44dfPost:e424acad-c5a9-4e18-aad9-70b1299a3da6">Re: Wedding food</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd pick number one or the salmon. But I think you're on the right track with chicken/beef/seafood. One question though, also to others: what's with not listing the vegetarian option? If it's there, why not inform people about it? I'm not a strict vegetarian, but I try to eat not too much meat, and I'm always happy if there is a vegetarian choice for me. However, I'm pretty picky, and I like to know what I'm gonna get, so if I could choose between the above or a vegetarian mystery dish, I'd pick the chicken or so. A good vegetarian dish is not inferior to other food, and it's not just vegetarians who might pick it.
    Posted by Elinetrouwt[/QUOTE]

This is me, too.  I was irritated that there wasn't an option listed, because it's very likely that I'll want the vegetarian option!  I'm hoping we find out at the tasting. 
  • Options

or

those are the 2 I would eat.
    . Anniversary aandt image
  • Options

I don't eat red meat but all your choices sound delicious! Makes me hungry! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I'm not much of a chicken eater
  • Options
    michelle11988michelle11988 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I would say 3, 4, 6 are my topic choices.  I think one beef, chicken and fish is a good way to go.  They all sound super delicious to me!!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Ally - it is funny that you brought this up yesterday, because I have been emailing with my caterer about the options for our tasting, and we are going to have to decide also between Mahi Mahi and Salmon for our fish option!! as much as i LOVE salmon, I think the "fishiness" and the smell issue are going to end up coming down to us choosing the mahi!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards