Canada-Ontario

Toronto Flowers - Help please!

Does anyone know where to buy flowers wholesale in Toronto?  Is there a big market in the area?  If not, what are some of the less expensive, but beautiful places to get wedding flowers in the Toronto area?
Thanks so much!

Re: Toronto Flowers - Help please!

• edited December 2011
    You could try the flower shops at Avenue/Davenport. Kay and Young seems to be the most popular, but there are others as well. They have beautiful flowers, and are VERY reaosnably priced. Are you doing your own flowers, or are you looking for someone to do them for you?
  • naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only place I know of, which isn't actually wholesale but close to it, is Costco.  You can order pre-made bouts/corsages, and then bulk flowers if you want.  They'll special order them in for you - you need to go to the flower counter and meet with their flower person.
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada-toronto_toronto-flowers?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:613Discussion:6900cb64-a90c-4728-80bb-7ed9d1baf2cbPost:982b0402-6a61-4163-a1d7-ee61fe8abcc2">Re: Toronto Flowers - Help please!</a>:
    [QUOTE]The only place I know of, which isn't actually wholesale but close to it, is Costco.  You can order pre-made bouts/corsages, and then bulk flowers if you want.  They'll special order them in for you - you need to go to the flower counter and meet with their flower person.
    Posted by naomikb[/QUOTE]
    I went to Costco and the selection is terrible.  You have a choice of 4 styles of bouquets or for bouts and corsages, 3 styles.  That's it.  They can't modify the styles at all or do custom orders.  They don't do centerpieces at all and they can't guarantee what flowers they will have in stock in a couple of months for bulk orders.  I mean, it's possible that each location is different, but that's what I was told at my location.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • edited December 2011
    My coworker is ordering flowers from Costco and then she and the BMs (is it just me who thinks 'bowel movement' when you see bm??)  are making the boquets the night before. She's ordering corsages and boutonieres -not sure if they are from Costco or not. FYI she would have looked at the Mississauga Costco for flowers and chose ivory roses as their theme is black and white.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ah, see ivory roses aren't going to be hard to come by.  It's more if you want anything beyond the basic that you're going to have trouble.  I couldn't even get yellow orchids. :(
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • edited December 2011
    We're also going with the wholesale flower shop at avenue and davenport
    I always used to go in there to get my flowers because it is so reasonable
    Moni G xo BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards