Outdoor Weddings
Options

what are your thoughts ?

So this is one idea that we just came up with after looking at our first location. The location is on a cousin's golf course set outside with the reception inside, the place is build like a wood cabin inside, my uncle built it himself. So here is the idea:

We would have the ceremony out on the greens, maybe next to a pond not sure. There would be a path marked with balloons and then a huge balloon archway for the two of us two stand under. I would have about 100 ppl there. The after the ceremony the guests would then make their way back to the reception hall with my little cousin's serving beer and wine on their walk back. We wanna like them slowly make their way up so that we can take pictures. :) 

I donno what do you girls think its one of the first ideas, we are have a carnival themed wedding with cupcakes. Really fun and whismical.  

Re: what are your thoughts ?

• Options
    My first question is that you mention your "little cousins" serving alcohol.  How old are these little cousins?  No one under 21 should be serving alcohol.

I'm not big on the balloon thing but it does go with your carnival theme.  

What else are you serving while you take your pictures?
  • Options
    One of my friends got married on a golf corse next to a little pond... after the ceremony we made our inside a log cabin clubhouse kinda thing we had to wait for over a hour for the wedding party to come inside to start the reception because they were all taking pictures but while we were waiting there was two lines for bartending and 4 big tables with crackers and cheeses... they also had a photobooth as their guest book... it was all nice but it was terrible having to wait so long. For my wedding we are taking all the photos before the ceremony besides the ones with me and my fiancee and all of the wedding party with us so hopefully it will only take about 20 to 30 mins. Hope this helps.
    Visit The Knot! White Knot Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 217 Invited...
    image 166 Got their boots on!
    image 49 Missin' out.
    image 2 are makin' us mailbox stalk!
    RSVP Date: September 1
  • Options
    I like your ideas but agree with "little cousins" serving beer and alcohol.  If they are not 21 it could pose some legal and liability issues depending on your state

• Options
    Ditto on the little cousins. They should be over 21.

Have you checked with the golf course to make sure they are OK with it? They might be, but I would check, as some courses are very particular about how people use their course. When you say married on the greens, I'm assuming you don't mean putting green but just the fairways? I doubt they will like people traipsing over the putting greens and messing them up (as a golfer, I understand), and they may have other restrictions. It might be fine, but just make absolutely sure first.

I guess I don't see how a golf club and carnival really....mesh? But if you have heart set on it, that's fine. My biggest concern would be people under 21 serving alcohol.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • Options
    If you plan an outdoor ceremony, you NEED to have an backup plan in case of foul weather. This can be a tent if it's only light rain, but in case of torrential rain or extreme heat or cold, you will want to move the ceremony indoors. You'll want to make sure that these alternatives are possible at your venue, and are acceptable to both you and the venue owner.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    If you want pictures taken after the ceremony, you host a cocktail hour.  It has nothing to do with how long people will take to walk back to the clubhouse...  Just have food and drink for them there for one hour.  Then, your pictures are done and you're back for the reception.
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Of course I know no one under 21 can't serve alcohol I'm not an stupid so thanks for that. My cousins that r over 21 would serve n I have plently. My younger cousins will be serving some sort of soda or punch. There is a location for the wedding indoors so I have a backup plan idea. My family owns the golf course so I'm sure we'll be able to figure something out. This was just my first idea right after I saw the location so there is nothing set. N of course I don't mean the putting greens I golf as well. And this would be the cocktail hour, the would be able to relax n enjoy the ceremony n when they arrive to the clubhouse there would be alcohol n probably something else going on. Like games n such. The pictures would be takin on the course as we r heading back as well so no time is wasted n my guests arent bored waiting for us. Again this was my first location n I'm new to everything I never dreamed of having a wedding when I was a kid so im completely in the dark n was looking for some help n that's it.
  • Options
    In Michigan, you only have to be 18 to serve alcohol, not 21. I'm sure it varies by state...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards