Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

How would you decorate this space?

So I went to look at this venue today and I think it's the one.  I was thinking of mahogany ballroom chairs and maybe making a custom printed aisle runner.  For decorations, I had been thinking about maybe some kind of branches or birch trees with a floral element, but I could really use some more ideas on what to do with this space.

Colors are most likely a deep teal, gold, & pumpkin orange as it will be in the Fall.

Sorry the pic is so fuzzy, it's from my cell.

Re: How would you decorate this space?

• Options
    oh that is lovely, maybe some extra long ribbon in your colors drapped over the beams, in a few textures and witdths.
    VICTORIA image 135 Invited so far!
    image 90 Are ready to party!
    image 40 Will be missing out!
    image 5 Are MIA!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Is this just for the cermony? Also, what time of day? The last question will narrow down the type of tone that should be set. Lastly, any wedding themes? I personally hate that question becasue the theme is wedding in my mind, but some people have them and wish to add a personal spin.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    katmukatmu member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm using the space for the ceremony only, and it will be in the evening.

I'm not sure that I would call it a theme specifically but the board below is my concept so far.

• Options
    Ok since you are not from South Carolina, I doubt this is the same place- but there is a popular venue in Charleston called the Creek Club at Ion that looks exactly like this on the inside. Google weddings there, and you should get some good ideas.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Options
    First of all, it's beautiful and I love it... I would do shepherds hooks with lanterns with candles in the aisle. Or big tall pillar candles? Maybe you could do the tall strands of wheat?
     www.curiouscountrycreations.com/images/products/wheat_bundle.jpg" alt="" width="307" height="478" />

Maybe too country-ish, I don't know. The willow would be good though but just make sure you aisle is wide enough. I went to a wedding where the BP had to turn in their shoulders b/c the curly willow pew decorations were taking up too much room and they could hardly fit through!!
    ~basquing in the wedded bliss~
  • Options
    That is gorgeous! I don't know how into flowers you are, but if you are, an arch would be beautiful! I know arches are "normally" outdoors, but we did some really pretty ones when I worked at a floral shop! If you do an arch top on it, it would look really pretty. Or if you get some low planters and fill them with gravel or sand and stick large branches of curly willow on them, it would look really cool. They have no leaves so it might fit into your autumn theme! If you are having candlelabras you can also put flowers on them!

here are some links to what I am thinking:

http://www.auxiliary.com/AGF/floral/images/Reception_Gallery/floral-244.jpg

http://www.auxiliary.com/AGF/floral/images/Reception_Gallery/fall-candelabra.jpg

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards