Florida-North Florida
Options

Need Venue!

I need help! We want to throw a very casual backyard/shrimp boil type wedding. We need a vacation rental or place that will let us do our own food that doesn't cost an arm and a leg! I'm having a very hard time, and now that the new ordinance passed in Sandestin I'm not even sure if you are allowed to have weddings there. We have also looked at Cape San Blas and perfer there, but can't find one with a deck/ pool area big enough that will allow weddings.
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Need Venue!

• Options
    cbabercbaber member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Be very careful when looking for houses in Walton County -- at least until March 22 when they have the hearing to decide whether or not they are going to enforce the "no weddings at rental houses" issue . .
    Also, be sure to be upfront with homeowners when booking the house. Many times, they pay people who live in the area to drive by on a nightly basis  . . weddings are almost always included as a reason why your rental agreement can be immediately terminated.
    I am getting married in Destin in September and understand what you are going thru. For as much money as they make on wedding tourism in this area -- they sure do make it hard on brides to plan!!!

Here is a lit of places my ceremony coordinator sent me -- maybe it will help you.
    Places that do catering:
    Holiday Inn Sunspree
    Ramada Plaza Beach Resort
    Sheraton Four Points
    Henderson Park Inn
    Embassy Suites
    Sandestin Hilton
    Seascape/Majestic Sun

Places that let you bring your own food:
    The Breakers of Fort Walton
    El Matador
    Islander
    Sterling Sands
    Jetty East
    Sandpiper Cove
    Holiday Surf and Raquet Club
    Maravilla Condo
    One Seagrove Place

Also, depending on the size of your group -- you might consider booking a private room at a restaurant:
    Zampieri's Harbor Grille
    Pandora's
    Pranzo's
    Finz
    Royal B Restaurant
    The Lighthouse
    Rutherford's 465

Hope that helps . .
  • Options
    PennsylPennsyl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FYI -- Destin is in Oklaloosa county, not Walton. The ordinance -- if it passes --shouldn't affect properties in Destin. Only places like Rosemary Beach, Grayton beach, etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards