New York-Western

Glen Iris Inn/Letchworth State Park- Fingerlakes region

Has anyone had any experiences at these venues?  The pictures make it look beautiful and we are going to visit next weekend.

We want an outdoor wedding and reception- just wondering if anyone has had any experiences they could share- especially on the cost.

We are still open to suggestions- what other places would you recommend in the fingerlakes area on a budget?

Thanks!

Re: Glen Iris Inn/Letchworth State Park- Fingerlakes region

• spenet1spenet1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I looked at Glen Iris, and was just put off by the a la carte pricing. You had to rent tents, tables, chairs, etc all individually, and that was just way too much for me to handle! I much preferred a place that did that math for me :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    White Knot
  • degreadegrea member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't look at either for my wedding but I have been to Letchworth plenty of times to tell you it is a beautiful park. I love it there!

You also might want to consider golf course/country clubs. They usually have outdoor opitions.

Also you might want to try the central broad. They might know more about the finger lakes area. Good luck with the wedding!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • edited December 2011
    I haven't been there for a wedding, but the food at the Glen Iris is good, and the location is GORGEOUS.  You're right up against the falls, and some seasons they have hot air balloons that float by over the falls.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker

VOTE on my Name List

• deecee79deecee79 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine did a Letchworth Breakfast Wedding,, gorgeous views and pictures beautiful really, by doing breakfast instead of dinner they saved a ton plus got the natural light of the day/afternnon for their ceremony and party.
  • StephyD216StephyD216 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My cousin had her wedding at the Glen Iris Inn and it was absolutely beautiful! The reception was outside on the stone patio, overlooking the gorge. Plus they had a ton of butterflies buzzing around- if you’re looking for a June/Judy wedding. It was picture perfect!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest

image140 Invited
    image107 Ready to Party
    image33 Missing Out
  • Cleo7Cleo7 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding at Letchworth this September.  I looked into the Glen Iris, and it was out of our price range - plus, they have a TON of rules (but a lot of venues do).  We decided to have our reception in one of the Highbanks shelters, near the Mt. Morris entrance to the park. It's definitely a more rustic location, not for everyone, but it's perfect for what we wanted. 

Even if you're not having your reception in the Glen Iris, I learned that you can still hold your ceremony by the Middle Falls.  There are other beautiful locations in the park where you can hold the ceremony, have photos taken, etc, even if you aren't having your reception at the Glen Iris itself.  Let me know if I can give you any other information! 
    image Final Count: 80 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • marisah83marisah83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having my wedding at the Glen Iris Inn in September.  Although looking at their info on the website can be a bit overwhelming, the wedding coordinator, Denise, pretty much does everything for you.  I've talked with her on the phone and via email, and we met with her in person once.  She goes down a list and makes everything very easy to figure out, from food to the actual itinerary of how the day will go.
    09.10 Siggy Challenge
    PhotobucketMy favorite picture is of the night we got engaged!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards