Outdoor Weddings
Options

ceremony music

This might be a goofy question, but how can I have ceremony music at my outdoor wedding if I'm having it in a park without blowing my budget?

Re: ceremony music

• Options
    ipod or cd player?

Look around in your area, or post on your local board for ceremony musicians that are reasonably priced.

Good luck.
  • Options
    Can you ask your DJ to pull double duty by setting up a PA system and having him play music? Our DJ didn't charge extra if we wanted to go that route.
  • Options
    i just attended a wedding with an guitar player who was a friend, it was beautiful, i am getting married on the beach and having a single steel drum, i hope it doesnt turn out too cheesy, goodluck!
  • Options
    I'm having an outdoor wedding and I hired a harpist - There's no source of electricity in the meadow where we're having the ceremony, but she has her own mini-amp which runs on battery power. By hiring a harpist, we only have to pay one musician, and because she has her own amp the music will be loud enough for everyone to hear.
  • Options
    My wedding is in the backyard at my FIL's house, on their stone porch.  They have a bay window close to the porch that we will play the ceremony music through
  • Options
    We have decided to go with an accousitc guitar for our outdoor park wedding.

Talk to family, friends and coworkers   Use your connections someone knows someone.
  • Options
    I agree, I am concerned with music at our wedding with it being in a park, but I think I might have my brother play acoustic guitar. Not only will it mean a lot for him to be involved, but it will be a intimate kind of feel to the ceremony. Good luck! :)
  • Options
    We're using a BOSE WAVE player that has great sound and can run on batteries or electricity.  - Expensive investment, but can't beat the sound quality.  I already had the system - but something like that would work.  Definitely check the sound quality at a loud volume so it doesn't sound fuzzy.
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Knot! My Planning Bio "http://lisa-rj.weebly.com"
  • Options
    We were having the same issue, but our DJ (for a small price) is going to do the ceremony as well. If you are having music at your reception just ask the company if they could do ceremony music as well.... Normally it's just a small fee and that way the music quality will be professional.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I'm renting speakers for my ceremony and reception. They will cost a couple hundred dollars and I'm planning on just hooking my ipod up to them.
    I'm married!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards