Canada
Options

Wedding Wednesdays

Tell us all about your invitations!

Are they DIY, or did you hire a designer, or did you pick them from a vendor/catalogue?  Where did you find inspiration? What's inside? Did you any special quotes or other meaningful wording?

Pictures are always welcome too!
Baby Birthday Ticker
Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w

Re: Wedding Wednesdays

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Vistaprint!!  LOVE them!

It only cost $88 for about 200 invites with envelopes and 140 matching return address labels!  Wahoo!

The one I PIP'd we've since changed a bit of the times and a little wording..but for the most part, that's it!

No inspirational messages or special wording or whatever..pretty basic!  But my friends who have seen them love them and tell them the style is so "us"..haha
  • Options
    nfp147nfp147 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We ordered ours from tinyprints.com.  (I love them, we're using them again for Christmas party invitations) They were about $140 for 75 invitations. 

I don't have a photo to upload, but they were all black, white writing, and a circle with our initials in it at the top.
    Anniversary image

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

TTC Since January 2011 - We have bad sperm IUI #1 (February 2013) = BFN Nestie Besties with Xan921
  • Options
    echo136echo136 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I am not often on this Canada board but figured I would jump right in!

Ours are going to be DIY. They are meant to be programs but we are using them as invitations because I thought outside the box. for 200$ we should be able to have invitations made and sent to 100 houses.

This is a picture of it with the writing that came on the sample. it is 4 sheets that all are slightly larger as it goes down.  Ours will be the invitation, reception, accommodations and then directions.  We are embossing the words on the bottom of each page this weekend.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I haven't done mine yet butttt I know what I want them to look like.  I'm currently pricing out the difference between DIY/Vistaprint/printer that I use at work.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My good friend and coworker made up mine - they were navy pockets with cream paper, all in that shimmery stardream paper.  I had inserts for RSVP, accommodations, a map, and the rehearsal (for those invited), plus the main invite.  I got together with the girls of my WP and we assembled them all!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    cuute!  I love the way the envelope is written!
  • Options
    ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Littlin - yours are gorgeous!

Mine were DIY. I wanted a trifold card to accommodate the English and Chinese parts of the invitations but couldn't find any among places that sell pocketfolds. (I didn't want the Chinese part to be just an insert because it was equally important to the English part of the invitation). I also designed the monogram to look like mehndi because my DH is Indian.

Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • Options
    LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I wouldn't have gone all fancy with the buckle and the ribbon if I was paying a company.  My coworker does have a business, but I just payed for the supplies - no labour or extra fees or tax (she was tax exempt come July).  

She did a great job, so if anyone wants her contact info, let me know, although she won't be doing much business until the Spring because she's having a baby soon!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards