Second Weddings
Options

Hi everyone

Hi guys. I'm new and just wanted to introduce myself. I'm 25 and a third year law student. My FI and I are getting married in August 2010. We're both divorced so this is a second wedding for both of us. No fancy engagement story - we just decided to get married. He wants to surprise me with a ring...so I don't know when its coming! FI is a forensic detective. We met my first day interning at the prosecutor's office where I hope to work after graduation. We worked on a homicide case together. And things blossomed from there! We're quite the law and order couple. Haha. We live in a 130 year old rowhouse with our two very spoiled cats.
imageLilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image

Re: Hi everyone

• Options
    2dBride2dBride member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!  I'm a lawyer myself, and recently remarried.  And believe me, there was no fancy proposal in our case, either.  I think I managed to get out something really original like, "So, umm, you want to get married?"
  • Options
    handfast4mehandfast4me member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, I'm not a lawyer, but all I have to say is PHEW--because there was no fancy proposal for us, either.  I thought I was the only one.  Basically, I was tired of waiting, but wasn't sure if he EVER wanted to make any sort of commitment, or if it was just me that he didn't want to make a commitment to.  So, after a particularly long evening, I basically said that.  The next day he suggested we get handfasted, as is the practice in Paganism. 

Welcome to the board!
    image Don't mess with the old dogs; age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill! BS and brilliance only come with age and experience.
  • Options
    jeannigirljeannigirl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    H,i no fancy proposal either here, he bascially said that was just what we we would eventually do. He told me you don't want me to get down on my knees do you? He blew out his knees playing football so that was out of the question. (crap if only he knew that was what I wanted) no not really (hahaha)

Anyways welcome to the board.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! I did get the take me out to dinner, ring in his pocket, him being nervous all night long, couldn't find the right place to propose. took me all over tarnation. Then finally when we got home I was sitting on the bed talking to him through the bathroom door. Then he finally came out and  knelt down and asked me to make him the happiest man in the world. He had never proposed before to anyone it was adorable. We have both been married before and it was awesome and cute. Agian welcome and happy planning!
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got a "will you marry me" during the MOST TMI moment! I will not share, let your imaginations run wild.

There was a very informal proposal later after he asked for blessings from my parents and kids.

My first wedding, his 3rd!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_second-weddings_hi-everyone-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:35Discussion:e9816ee4-8088-46c7-b328-e269e5c0196ePost:c30ac12e-4442-4adb-b5f9-75c82fcc04ab">Re: Hi everyone</a>:
    [QUOTE]Welcome!  I'm a lawyer myself, and recently remarried.  And believe me, there was no fancy proposal in our case, either.  I think I managed to get out something really original like, "So, umm, you want to get married?"
    Posted by 2dBride[/QUOTE]

LMAO, that's what my FI said too!!!  hahahah!!!  took him 5 minutes to beat around the bush and come to the poin!  :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board. Fi proposed last Christmas Eve 08.
    My son was lurking around and Fi could never get me alone, so when I went up to my bedroom around midnight to change into pj's he asked me. My son was lurking at the bottom of the stairs and saw the whole thing ran upstairs and proclaimed:
    "We're getting married !!! yeaaaaaa! Group hug!!!"
    It was very cute.
    My FI showed my mom the ring earlier in the evening and asked her if she thought I would like this gift. She smiled and nodded her head and said yes, yes yes!!! I guess that was his way of asking her blessing first. She was thrilled with it.
    So there was no dinner, or him on bended knee. I was thrilled to get the proposal ......
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards