Florida-South Florida
Options

Month-of Wedding Planner - yes or no???

Hey SoFla brides!!

I have a dihlemma!! i have heard all sorts of things about the 'necessity' of a month-of wedding planner (i'm living in nyc, but getting married in boca raton).

Some friends say 'no need' - others say 'best $$ you'll spend on your wedding' --so what is it???

Any suggestions for whether or not a month-of wedding planner is an absolute MUST ..(or not?)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Month-of Wedding Planner - yes or no???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you have the extra money to spend on a month planner then I would say yes! It couldnt hurt and it would be a big help. Why not a week of planner? How much planning needs to be done on your last month? I would think a majority of it would be taken care of. Up to you! I wont have one because I don't have the extra money to. But i wish I could!
    *February Siggy*
    <3 Favorite Picture of me and my man <3 <br>Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I vote other.

It really depends on you. I am a BIG planner and a control freak. I want to insure that everything is exactly how I want it on my big day. I wasn't going to hire a planner as I knew that I could easily manage a month and day of.

A planner came in my package however and she has been amazing! She's really helpful and I know will work her hardest to make my day the way I want it. It will be nice to have her handle the details, even though I know I'll still worry about them/think about them. 

That said, if you're on the ball and feel confident you don't NEED one. 

But, you are planning a Destination Wedding. For that reason, I'd probably hire a planner just for your own sanity. A Knot favorite is Danielle Pearson and she is the BEST!!: http://www.facebook.com/DPEvents

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    Krysta6Krysta6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree if you have the $$ it really helps to have a planner. But if $ is tight you may see if a friend can help with day of stuff or leave it to the venue coordinator...
  • Options
    naani1326naani1326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree hire a planner :) I am using Anna from Alore Event Firm and I know a couple girls on here are using her too. Super sweet and so far for us worth every penny!! www.eventsbyalore.com Good luck!
  • Options
    efontefont member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If your venue doesn't have a coordinator to help then I say yes. Let them take on the stress for you with all of the details & let them set up & make sure everything is the way it should. Its such a load off your shoulders knowing that you nor your family have to worry about anything.

Danielle wasn't available for my wedding but she highly recommended Event By Michelle Tandron. She is amazing!!  She's so sweet & knowledgeable. She's like a BFF. She's a former knottie & really knows & understands what we go through and what are needs are. She's really more about making it the best experience then about the money. She does this because she loves it. That was huge for me.

She has an affordable day of coordinator. Which is truly not a day of. She is there for you now & is very helpful.

Our Furbabies: Jake, Bentley & Logan
    imageimageimageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hired a DOC, Danielle Pearson!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards