New Jersey

Drink recommendations?

Hi!  So Fi and I recently decided to have a signature cocktail at the reception and will using happy hour to taste different drinks tomorrow evening with a bunch of friends.  I am allergic to fruit (I get a really bad, itchy rash) so it makes it slightly challenging since most mixed drinks incorporate fruit.  I was wondering if any of you ladies had any tasty drink suggestions without fruit?  We're pretty much open to trying anything.  Thanks for your help!
BFP #1 on 10/2/11 - Bambishka's EDD 6/5/12, Blighted Ovum, D&C on 11/9/11
BFP #2 on 2/10/12 - Little Nugget's EDD 10/23/12, Natural Miscarriage on 2/29/12
BFP #3 on 6/7/12 - BB's EDD 2/19/13, arrived 2/18/13! <3<BR> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Drink recommendations?

• cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_drink-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:2692b109-f1bc-48f3-8e4b-ca7e73a6adb6Post:d73528d3-253a-40a1-8876-9c29a6323124">Drink recommendations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi!  So Fi and I recently decided to have a signature cocktail at the reception and will using happy hour to taste different drinks tomorrow evening with a bunch of friends.  I am allergic to fruit (I get a really bad, itchy rash) so it makes it slightly challenging since most mixed drinks incorporate fruit.  I was wondering if any of you ladies had any tasty drink suggestions without fruit?  We're pretty much open to trying anything.  Thanks for your help!
    Posted by zeitsev[/QUOTE]
    Are you allergic to grenadine?I know it is cherry flavored but I don't know if it is made with actual fruit... I just had the most amazing drink - Red Velvet Cake Martini.. it is cake flavored vodka, chocolate liquer and a splash of grenadine.
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you looking for something more summery?  We are considering a Toasted Almond (amaretto, Kahlua, light cream) for our November wedding but that might be too heavy for June.  

Check out this website: www.drinksmixer.com.  I like the sound of the Pimm's Royal recipe (Pimm's gin, champagne and cucumber, just omit the lemon peel)!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

• Babycakes SEBabycakes SE member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    http://www.drinksmixer.com/drink665.html

here is another, its Chambord, which is kinda like a raspberry liqueur- but I don't know if there is actual fruit used.  Just a different option, but like I said, not sure about the raspberry thing.  Its more of a dessert drink since it has cream in it, but it is so yummy! 

image 291 Invited
    image 140 Ready to Party image 14 Fail image137 testing my patience
    RSVP Date: April 30
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you! These all sound amazing so far! I don't think I have an allergic reaction to grenadine. I imagine it's artificial enough that it would be ok. Summery drinks would be preferrable but since that usually translates to fruity we're really flexible.
    BFP #1 on 10/2/11 - Bambishka's EDD 6/5/12, Blighted Ovum, D&C on 11/9/11
    BFP #2 on 2/10/12 - Little Nugget's EDD 10/23/12, Natural Miscarriage on 2/29/12
    BFP #3 on 6/7/12 - BB's EDD 2/19/13, arrived 2/18/13! <3<BR> Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_drink-recommendations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:2692b109-f1bc-48f3-8e4b-ca7e73a6adb6Post:9b8b4e51-90d2-4899-b9f6-0c302b1233bc">Re: Drink recommendations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you! These all sound amazing so far! I don't think I have an allergic reaction to grenadine. I imagine it's artificial enough that it would be ok. Summery drinks would be preferrable but since that usually translates to fruity we're really flexible.
    Posted by zeitsev[/QUOTE]

You should definitely try making the red velvet cake drink then.. the cake flavored vodka is made by Pinnacle.. when you open the bottle and smell it, it is addicting.. makes you want to eat it!
  • K&J64K&J64 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For a martini style drink I'd go with a Wave Martini: Three Olives Orange Vodka and Peach Schnapps mixed with Champagne and floated with Blue Curacao. (it should appear layered when it's done, like the ocean).

You're really supposed to make it with white cranberry juice, but I'd substitue Champagne or Sweet & Sour mix if you can have it instead.

Or for a drink that's good up or on the rocks: Ketel One Citroen, Chambord & Gingerale (make up a name for it, I don't know that it has one)

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards