Jewish Weddings
Options

Jewish premarital counseling books?

Does anyone have any recommendations for Jewish--or at least non-Christian--pre-marriage counseling books?

My fiance and I would like to use a book to have some serious premarital discussion on our own, but it seems like most of the books I've found on Amazon are Christian-oriented.

Re: Jewish premarital counseling books?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The only Jewish wedding book I know of is Anita Diamant's New Jewish Wedding but that's for more of the actual planning of the wedding.

Maybe try asking your rabbi? We're doing our pre-marital with him and so far has been extremely helpful with resources for us.
  • Options
    Musicheals71Musicheals71 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I second Anita Diamant's book!
  • Options
    RachiemooRachiemoo member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    The Jewish Way in Love and Marriage by Maurice Lamm.

Also, if your'e looking for information on family purity or womans' issues in a Jewish marraige, you can check out To Be a Jewish Woman by Lisa Aiken and A Guide to Jewish Family Laws by Rabbi Zev Schostak.
    image BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the suggestions!  We actually already have the Anita Diamant book and found it useful, but were looking for something more. I'll check out the Rabbi Schostak recommendation too. 

Our rabbi doesn't do premarital counseling. When we first met with him, I was okay with that, but now I'm wanting to do some work together with my fiance to prepare for our marriage.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards