Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Bridesmaid gifts

I was wondering what your opinion was on getting your bridesmaids their accessories for your wedding day as one of their gifts... Is it a must? I would rather get my ladies something they can use all the time other than their jewelry & a purse, however I don't want to tack on another expense for them to be in our wedding. What do you think? I don't mind if they are all wearing different jewelry seeing as they all have different taste anyway. Thanks for the help!!!

Re: Bridesmaid gifts

• Options
    Definitely choose something other than their accessories. Odds are, they already have something fabulous in mind to wear with the dress, and would much rather have something they'll enjoy beyond your wedding day as a gift.
  • Options
    If it's something for your wedding then it's not a gift for them.  Gifts are something that they would individually like (as in not one gift idea for all the recipients).  Shop like it's their birthday and let them accessorize themselves.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I gave my girls absolutely no direction on their accessories, and spent my money on a gift that I knew they'd like.  Chances are good that they already own suitable shoes and jewelry, just let them wear those.  No additional expense needed.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    I was going to get my girls pretty necklaces that would look great with the dress, but could easily be used later.  I'm getting them other stuff though.

HOWEVER, I remember one time as a bridesmaid that our only gift, we're the gloves we were to wear.  I got them and was like "REALLY?" this is my gift for planning your shower, spending $200 on an awful dress (it was very ugly), and everything else.  So I've tried to remember that when getting my girls their gifts.
  • Options
    In my area it's customary to give jewelry as the BM gift.

To save costs, I made my own and got them each a NWR gift on top of the jewelry. See my bio
  • Options
    Thanks to all of you!
  • Options
    If you are going to have them all wear the same jewelry, I do not think they should pay.  I would recommend that if you give them jewelry to wear, that you make sure it is a style they can wear again.  You could even get them jewelry to match their personalities that is similar in design.

GL

www.destinationdiva.biz
  • Options
    I plan on getting each girl a personalized gift. I did buy them there jewelry but am not giving to them as part of there gift.
    I found my girls jewelry at Bobbis bobbles. Most sets are $25 to $35 each, which was reasobnable i think for my 5 girls.

I agree with above, don't give as part of there gift.....especially considering all they have done for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards