October 2013 Weddings
Options

Brand New Here!

Hey everyone! I'm new to post here! After 3 years of talking about it my fiance and I finally got engaged in APRIL.

We have our date saved with our venue OCTOBER 12, 2013!! It works perfectly for us. It's the anniversary of our first date and my junior sister will be on Fall Break! 
Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers Check out My Blog

Re: Brand New Here!

• Options

Congrats!  I am October 12th as well! :)

Follow Me on Pinterest
    July 2007 Photobucket
    october 2012 Photobucket
  • Options
    Yay! I'm so excited! How far are you in planning?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Daisypath Graduation tickersLilySlim Weight loss tickers Check out My Blog
  • Options
    I added you to the list!

Wow lots of 10/12/13 brides

• Options
    You have a date!! So exciting!! Congratulations!

BF and I aren't technically engaged yet, but we are thinking about October of next year.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Daisypath Graduation tickers Daisypath Vacation tickers
  • Options

We are Oct 12 2013 too!!! Congrats!

• Options
    @Everyone: Yay! Thanks I'm so happy to be able to gush about our October Weddings with you!

@Pearly: It took us FOREVER to get officially engaged. We started talking marriage in 2009, and were non-officially engaged basically since 2010.

• Options
    Congrats!! I am October 11th, 2013. It feels so far away haha, I wish I could fast forward to this time next year and only be a few months out! Everyone keeps telling me to enjoy it though because this time will FLY!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are October 11th, 2013 too. Saturday was going to be too expensive, and as I am a graduate student I can't afford to miss too much school for a honeymoon. So we are going to take the rest of the weekend off and go to the Oklahoma/Texas Red River Rivalry (Boomer Sooner!) the next day here in Dallas and in general take some time to relax and enjoy the first couple of days being a married couple. I'm going dress shopping this Saturday - I can't wait!
  • Options
    I'm an undergraduate student! To Be Grad Student Spring 2014. We will both be taking the Fall  semester off school and work so we can finally enjoy each other! For us Saturday is 50% more than non-saturday weddings and October is TWICE the price of non-october weddings... For us it is totally worth it is the anniversary of our first date :-)

We're going on a two week honeymoon, coming home and taking the next two weeks to get used to the idea of being husband and wife and re-start TTC. 

We're also going to be buying a house for our future married lives. We'll probobly get one built since we can't find a layout that we like. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2013-weddings_brand-new-here?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:1925524f-fa8b-432f-a7b5-be486ce756efDiscussion:81ddbfa0-632a-458b-b6d2-6774ecc76efbPost:e81a7218-77d9-4b43-a79d-4f152040e72c">Re: Brand New Here!</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are October 11th, 2013 too. Saturday was going to be too expensive, and as I am a graduate student I can't afford to miss too much school for a honeymoon. So we are going to take the rest of the weekend off and go to the Oklahoma/Texas Red River Rivalry (Boomer Sooner!) the next day here in Dallas and in general take some time to relax and enjoy the first couple of days being a married couple. I'm going dress shopping this Saturday - I can't wait!
    Posted by ammcadams[/QUOTE]

We went with a Friday too because of the difference in cost (we live in Northern NJ where it can get a bit pricey for weddings). Enjoy dress shopping!! I went two weeks ago with my mom and aunt to try some on just to see what silhoutte I liked best.. I ended up falling in love with one dress but I'm going to keep looking and am going again in September wtih my sister and mom. Trying on a dress makes it very REAL though, it was so much fun!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love it when you can get married on a date that has signifigance.  That is wonderful !

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards