Wisconsin

Where did everyone get their rings?

I am just wondering where everyone got their rings and if they have any recommendations for jewelers 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Where did everyone get their rings?

• gundy21gundy21 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2012
    We got all of ours at Walsh Jewelers in Menomonee Falls.  My e-ring has an emerald cut emerald from an estate piece from the 1930s that was put in a new white gold setting that my DH helped design (they made a couple modifications to a standard setting).  Both of our wedding bands were standard "stock" rings that just needed to be ordered in our sizes.  We have gotten many pieces from them for other occasions, too - both new and estate.  Great service and they have goldsmiths on site to do sizing and repair work.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • We had my e-ring custom made at Kesslers in Brookfield. I had a Claddagh ring that my FH gave me and they made the e-ring similar to it. They are the only place that I've found that does colored diamonds. My center stone is a green diamond and my FH picked the exact diamond from about 5 or 6 stones they had.
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • My brother went to Kesslers in Brookfield and was very happy with his choice. They were fantastic.
    My FI and I chose to go with Diamond Nexus Labs, as I have personal reasons to not want a mined diamond. I love my ring, and obviously the prices are much less than traditional jewelers... and the pieces there are beautiful. My family jeweler wasn't even able to tell the difference between my stone and the stones he had. I know many people still desire that traditional mined diamond, but this is another great option for the budget or eco friendly bride.
    Praying for a miracle!
  • Kesslers in Greenfield.

I had a small-ish family heirloom diamond and they set it for us without question and no "up-selling". They've been awesome any time we go back.
  • We went to Shallow Jewelers in West Allis and worked with Dean, the owner, to customize my e-ring and wedding band. He was fabulous. I would fully recommend this jeweler.
  • FH got my e-ring from Kessler's in Greenfield.  We'll probably be going there for our bands.  FH wants his "customized", and they said that they would be able to make the ring with what he's looking for.  Kessler's has been great, they always are so friendly when I go in to have my ring cleaned. 
  • Studio Jewelers in downtown Madison. We went with bands that were hand-engraved with an oak leaf and acorn pattern as it was special and meaningful to us. They are just lovely people and sell an assortment of jewelry made by small designers.
  • My husband got my engagement and wedding ring at Kessler's in Madison.  I wasn't involved in the process at all, but he said they were very friendly and helpful.  He wanted a very simple gold band for his wedding ring, so we just got it at JC Penney.
  • Mine was from Kessler's in Greenfield and I had no idea - FI did it all on his own and liked the service.  Since then, I stop in about one a month to have it cleaned and they now know me, and are always excited to see me.  Also, when I totally bent a prong it was fixed free, and I had it re-dipped for the wedding at no charge.  Basically they don't charge for anything after the purchase & they replace lost stones.
  • Mine was from Jared in Brookfield - they were the only ones who had the type of setting I liked.  The good thing about Jared is that they do all their work on-site so if something needs work or to be sized, etc...it's done the same day.  With that said, I hate Jared. My fiance bought his own diamond to put into Jared's setting and Jared chipped it. They did replace the diamond but tried to give lower quality choices and charged my fiance ANOTHER setting fee to put the new diamond in. We took our complaints up all the way to corporate and instead of refunding the $140 setting fee, they offered to give us $150 giftcard (we didn't take it).  The whole ordeal was ridiculous. Also, the staff/managers there aren't the friendliest and I would NEVER buy from them again. We got my fiance's wedding band at Kesslers in Brookfield and have had an excellent experience!
  • We got our rings at Jarad's in Brookfield. We got my e-ring there. I have never had anything other than great service there. When the diamond fell out of my solitare e-ring they replaced it for free with a better quality diamond. (I later found the previous diamond stuck in a book binding and they let me keep the second one) I would recommend them.
  • We got my e-ring from Blue Nile.com. I wasn't too sure about it at first... but they have a huge selection of diamonds at great prices. I took it to our family jeweler as soon as it was received, and he confirmed the quality. For our bands, we are having them made by Art Metals Studio in Racine.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards