Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul
Options

The wedding Shoppe?

Thinking of going there next weekend.....do they have a huge selection the way David's Bridal does (lots of sizes and styles) or just a few styles in a lot of sizes or a lot of styles in a few common sizes?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: The wedding Shoppe?

• Options
    wittyschaffywittyschaffy member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

#1 - if you go, make an appointment.  I found it was easiest to shop there at the first apointment of the day.  They have TONS of selection but if you're not going to fit into a sample size 8, you can request that the show you the selection of larger gowns (not as many).

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd recommend checking their website to see if they have what you like.  I bought my wedding gown there and had a great experience.  I brought 20 pictures of dresses I wanted to try, and I was able to try on about half (however, I'm apparently plus-sized at a size 16).  I liked WS dramatically more than DB.

Apparently people don't have as good of experiences when purchasing bridesmaids dresses.
  • Options
    nordkenordke member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I don't think you can go without an appointment, and those tend to be a few weeks out, especially if you're hoping for a Saturday. If you do just happen to show up, they may let you look, but not sure you'll be able to try on. Their bridal gowns are basically in the upstairs of the house, so not a very large area, especially compared to DB.  I also found my dress there, and know many others that did too :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know there's a new shop called My Glass Slipper that carries a larger selection of sizes you can try on. They carry dresses larger than sample size 10. I think they're in Crystal. Its important to note that bridal runs really small. I know the wedding shoppe has a lot of dresses but in sample sizes. 
  • Options
    tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to two different DBs on two different days. They both had a good selection for my criteria (under $500, strapless or halter, no drop waist or pickup details) and I was able to try on samples, 8 and 10.

I would def make an appt. The second DB I went to (when I actually bought my dress - I took home the sample) I hadn't made one, but they had an opening an hour later so I went to the bar next door for a drink while I waited.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had a great experience at the Wedding Shoppe, but I would echo pp that it is really important to make an appointment!
    Henry
    imageHenry Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards