Pre-wedding Parties

what do you think about bridesmaid brunch...?

Hey ladies,
Just looking for some opinions:
I want to have a bridesmaid brunch but I was thinking that instead of asking my girls to dedicate another day I would do it the old school way and host the brunch on the morning of the wedding (we won't have to start getting ready until around noon). What do you ladies think? Does it make it less special if it is on the actual wedding day? I want to do something special for them because they have been wonderful. I also wanted to give them their gifts on this day.

I am kind of torn since I don't want everyone to have to dedicate still more time to me after they are throwing me a shower and a bachelorette. My other option is to do it the weekend before the wedding, but that would require clearing their schedules once again. OR I could just do a "girl's night" type thing and treat them all to dinner out.
Thoughts?

Re: what do you think about bridesmaid brunch...?

• edited December 2011
    My BMs and I will be getting ready in a hotel suite, and I plan on ordering breakfast/brunch for everyone as well as champagne, etc.

I think its nice of you to want to do it another day, but you make a good point about asking them to give up more of their time. So, if you are already planning to get ready together I would provide a brunch for them. Smile
  • hoffsehoffse member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    This is a great idea, and it's what I'm planning on doing as well.  What's nice is that the day is already reserved in their minds for wedding stuff, so it's not asking much of them to attend an additional thing.  Plus if you have any oot BM's (like me), you aren't leaving them out by hosting it another weekend.  While the shower and bachellorette, etc. is all about you - so it's ok if they can't make it - the bridesmaid brunch is a thank you to them, so it would suck if one of them wouldn't come into town for it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My daughter was a BM in her cousins wedding and this is exactly what they did. It worked out great!
  • edited December 2011
    How long do you have til your wedding? I am doing mine early ( in Oct) and dont get married til July. Its a pre-thank you,to let them know in advance that I appreciate them for participating. It seems a little more special . Then at the end of the rehearsal dinner right before the wedding, Im going to give them gifts then.
    The Future Mrs Fuller Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards