Getting in Shape

arm toning exercises

I do not need to lose weight. However, I really want my arms more toned for my wedding dress. Any suggestions? Thanks!!
Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: arm toning exercises

• raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited September 2010
    First, "toner" is not a word, unless you're referring to what goes into laser printers or on your face.  "More toned" would be the phrase you're looking for, but still, means nothing.

Look down a few posts, this question was just answered.

ETA: Title edited for typos or not, my answer is still the same.  Look down.  And just a friendly word of advice, as you go one to post on other boards, and ask questions, it's generally a good idea to read through a few pages of posts to see if your question has already been answered. 
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thanks... I'm new to the site!
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Push ups - definitely not the most fun, but you can do them pretty much anywhere without any equipment and they get the job done. Start slow and work your way up. If you can't do a full push up to start, there are tons of modified versions to do instead. Push ups will make you sore, but then you know its working!

more ideas at http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/arms/ (some articles you have to log-in to see)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • lots.  just go to exercise tv.com or on demand comcast.

I use a 5 lbs weights because I am a beginner with the strengh training

simple arm raises, lateral raises, triceps, and even ones where you sit on your bottom and put your arms behind you and bring your knees in towards your chest.. it works the triceps and abs at the same time
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • plank works the arms too.. and moves like side plank.. or regular plank and then twist in, gets your arms because your in the push up position but also gets your obiques because you are twisting your knee into your chest.. plank twist..

there are lots of good moves
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • p90x shoulders and arms routine will transform your arms!  I swear!  Just don't use wimpy girl weights...Tongue out
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards