Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

***PJB+ARB & Lauren123455***

I see both of you are running Broad St.  Have either of you run it before?  This will be my first time.  I'm so nervous!  I've been training since the end of January, but the furthest I've run so far is 5 miles (although I've got a 6 mile run scheduled for this weekend).  I'll get there slowly!

Do either of you have a time goal?  Or is your goal like mine, just to finish  Laughing

Re: ***PJB+ARB & Lauren123455***

• Options
    lauren123455lauren123455 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This will also be my first time!  I'm really nervous about it, but my fiance (I'm new, is the lingo FH?) has run it for like 6-7 years now and says its a really "easy" 10 miler.  I don't really know how 10 miles will be easy, but I'll take his word.  I've been following the Smartcoach plan on Runners World, but not religiously because I don't love running and would rather not skip my cardio/sculpt classes.  My longest run so far was 6 miles, and I have a 7 miler and two 8 milers scheduled before the big day.  I'm really hoping just to finish it, but I'd love to do it in 1:35-1:40.  Hopefully I can make that happen - I started out barely able to run one mile in 10:30 and was able to run my 6 miles the other day at a 9:25 pace and I ran the Phillies 5k the other day and ran my first sub-9 min miles! So I definitely keep surprising myself (although I was much more into setting and breaking these goals as a way to get my mind off of the ring I wanted to get, so now in the 3 weeks I've been engaged I've totally lost the motivation that I used to have, ha!)

Any tips you girls have would be much appreciated!  I'm excited to have found some others running Broad St!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    dibsontopdibsontop member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sisters have been running it for several years.  They also say it's an easy 10 miles because a good bit of it is flat or downhill.  But then again, they've also run a marathon, haha.

I've been following Hal Higdon's 15k training plan but I've been the opposite of you.  I find it hard to stick to the strength training or other cardio days on the plan.  I'll top out at 8 miles before the race.

I'm going to try and keep pace with my sister's for as long as I can on race day, which might help my time, but I'll probably be closer to finishing in 2 hours!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and congrats on your engagement!  And if you haven't already, you should introduce yourself to the board and jump right in to the coversations.  You'll find some realy awesome people here that will be a huge help to you in planning!

• Options
    lauren123455lauren123455 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!  I've been thinking of introducing myself -- is there a set list of questions that's used on this board?  I noticed some of the other boards have a formal "introduction" questionaire...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope, no formalities here.  Share whatever you want and people will probably ask you more questions.  We always like hearing about new weddings.  We're nosy like that!

• Options
    amy727amy727 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lauren-  Nope... maybe start a post and just tell us a little about yourself.... when your wedding is any vendors you have booked... anything really.  You can join in whenever. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards