Virginia
Options

Serendipity Salon in Charlottesville - Any Reviews?

Hi, everyone!
I am looking to book someone to do hair and make up for my June wedding.  I am from out of town so I don't know the area very well.  I have been in contact
with Serendipity, but I just wanted to see if anyone has been there or heard anything about them.  Thanks!

Re: Serendipity Salon in Charlottesville - Any Reviews?

• Options
    I've never been there, but I moved away from Cville about 10 years ago.  

I'm using Bristles, and they are awesome.  A little bit expensive.....but defintiely worth it.  
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    I don't know them. Are you looking for onsite or in salon? Where is the ceremony? Maxi is a great option in town (former Bristles folks). Bristles is solid for north of town. Face Value is good option if you'll be in Crozet or Nelson.
  • Options
    Our ceremony/reception is going to be at Greencroft Club. The lady at Serendipity seems so nice and the pictures on their FB page of the salon look amazing, but Ive never seen it in person so Im nervous to book them.  It is on Barracks Road.  I might just have to be safe and go with what everyone is recommending. Thanks, ladies!
  • Options
    Just want to add that I LOVE Greencroft.  We were members when I was growing up, so we were there all the time.   It's awesome.

What hotels are you using?   Bristles isn't THAT far from Greencroft (though Barracks Road is closer), though it may be closer to your hotel.  

However, if you've talked Serendipity and you like them, then I would just go with them.
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    Oh good, Im glad to hear something good about Greencroft.  I LOVE the outdoor area.  The indoor decor doesnt really match our theme/style, but we're working with it.

We are currently in the process of blocking rooms, so we are still exploring our options.  I have put that on FI's task list ;)
  • Options
    Rooms at the Boar's Head would make the most sence.  It's right down the road.

Greencroft is a little...blue hair these days.  The grounds are very nice.  :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_serendipity-salon-in-charlottesville-any-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:236Discussion:e51349ce-9384-4765-8480-8b768bb5713dPost:61ae3fa5-3bec-4019-bb5b-d7b517b18725">Re: Serendipity Salon in Charlottesville - Any Reviews?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Rooms at the Boar's Head would make the most sence.  It's right down the road. Greencroft is a little...blue hair these days.  The grounds are very nice.  :)
    Posted by CvilleClaire[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Claire, it was blue hair back then too:-)  The only reason we were members is because I loved swimming in the summer and it was way cheaper than a membership to Farmington!   

</div>
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    Quick question-
    Are you guys paying for the bridesmaids hair and makeup?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_virginia_serendipity-salon-in-charlottesville-any-reviews?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:236Discussion:e51349ce-9384-4765-8480-8b768bb5713dPost:86f257bf-0401-456d-91a3-91dd969757fd">Re: Serendipity Salon in Charlottesville - Any Reviews?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Quick question- Are you guys paying for the bridesmaids hair and makeup?
    Posted by sassybanana[/QUOTE]

Probably not. I haven't booked hair/make-up yet, but I'm getting prices so my BMs can decide whether they want to pay to have one or both done, or choose to do their own. I think the "rule" is: if you require them to have hair/make-up done, then you foot the bill. If you tell them they can choose whether to, they can choose whether to pay or not.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards