Indiana

Help! I'm having a wedding in Bedford/Bloomington

Hi,

My fiancé and I are planning our wedding for June 21, 2013 in the Bedford, Indiana area. I have read so much on wedding planning stuff that I think I'm overdoing it-I'm rethinking everything I thought I wanted, and now I have no idea where to start! (Good think we have three years!) Anyway, we were thinking about several ideas for the ceremony and reception venue. My FI and I go to a very cute, small church that would be the perfect size for the ceremony, but the basement doesn't have enough space for a reception hall... Any ideas on where to host a reception in Bedford? We've also thought about Spring Mill State Park, having the ceremony in the little church in Pioneer Village and the reception in the garden area... Does anyone know if they will let you do that or how much it costs?

Thanks so much!

Re: Help! I'm having a wedding in Bedford/Bloomington

• cjspencer35cjspencer35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not familiar with Bedford or the Spring Mill Park, but I booked another State Park for my wedding/reception.  It's a pretty common thing it seems, so I would just google the park name and find a number to call and ask.  It took me a little calling around to find the right person to talk to but the people were pretty nice/helpful.  Once I got to the right person, she had dealt with weddings I could tell, she was able to give us exact prices and a packet of info on the spot! 

Good Luck!
  • inkygirlinkygirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't really know that area very much, but I do love Spring Mill!  I vote for that!
  • Thanks, cjspencer35. I've been looking oniine trying to find information to call the person directly, but no luck, so I probably will have to call around. Spring Mill is such a beautiful place, and I think it would be perfect for me--I've always wanted a wedding that was at least partly outdoors, but I want a church ceremony too, so if they let us use the little "Meetinghouse" and we set up in a shelter or picnic or something it would be perfect!
  • kita_19kita_19 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    your best bet with springmill is to just show up and start asking questions.  when we thought we were doing a summer wedding, i just went around and talked to all the park rangers.  they usually have the best information and can give you numbers to call.  i know with hardin ridge, you have to go through the website to get the number, to make a call, to leave a message, but it may be worth it :)  good luck!  if you need any help around the area let me know
    ~*~*~* Mommy of 3 *~*~*~ ***Navy Corpsman*** ~~~ Wife of the Greatest~~~
  • edited December 2011
    Photographer-Nvisible Photography! Very affordable (they will even work with you on prices and beautiful photo's!)
  • S0095042S0095042 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_indiana_im-having-wedding-bedfordbloomington?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:97Discussion:7fc0eb0e-56ef-4e4c-8415-8d78e0607535Post:09671a12-5a9e-4575-bf82-adf0490319c5">Re: Help! I'm having a wedding in Bedford/Bloomington</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't really know that area very much, but I do love Spring Mill!  I vote for that!
    Posted by inkygirl[/QUOTE]

me too, me too! :)
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards