DC

Need Suggestions: Budget Wedding Cake/Cupcakes in DC but taste good!

Hello! I am starting my search for a bakery but I do not want to spend alot of money on a cake/cupcakes.  Also, I am open to having only one teir edable and the rest fake with sheet cakes cut secretly in the back.  I am looking for places and prices if you have any suggestions please!  Getting married at the Hotel Monaco in DC. estimated 165 people

Re: Need Suggestions: Budget Wedding Cake/Cupcakes in DC but taste good!

• edited December 2011
    Try Margie with Artistic Cake Creations.  She's in Charles Town, WV, but I think still does DC weddings.  Her cakes are good, and when I booked her, only $1.50/slice.  I think she may have raised her prices a bit since then, but not too much.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    Cake Party - www.cakeparty.net - pretty affordable - GREAT people!!

My Planning Bio ** For Sale
    UPDATED 1/5/11

Anniversary
  • valerie810valerie810 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Artistic Cake Creations for the grooms cake and Sweet Ladies Bakery (Springfield) for the wedding cake.  Both are very affordable for the area.
    2650813079_9f67603965_m 183image 124image 28imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • cokesjr24cokesjr24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Furin's in Georgetown---very very inexpensive! Especially if you do a sheet cake in addition to smaller tiers. Also, for cupcakes try the bakery at eastern market
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Cakes by Linda. We're not doing any sort of fancy stuff, and I had a coupon for her. I think our price per person is about $2.80. She was doing a coupon of 20% off at the time.
  • beautifulbizbeautifulbiz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    THanks everyone!! I will check out your referrals!
  • jwang517jwang517 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i LOVE nostalgia cupcake in Annapolis.. delivery outside of Annaplis, the delivery fee is $35... :) and they have some amazing flavors... so many of friends and family have been using their cakes for wedding related occasions...

http://www.nostalgiacupcakes.com/
  • shesadreamrshesadreamr member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Unique Bakery in Twinbrook Shopping Center  (Springfield, VA.)  $2.75 a person and the cakes are beautiful and taste great!
    PhotobucketPhotobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards