Catholic Weddings
Options

big wave hello to everyone

I've been lurking and figured I should introduce myself (I usually post to the Metro Detroit board). My FI is a cradle Catholic, but I'm new; I completed RCIA this past Easter. It was the most rewarding experience of my life. I actually had RCIA withdrawal afterwards!

My FI knew he wanted to propose before, but he said that going through the process with me and seeing my dedication to my newfound faith, traditions, and our future together sealed the deal for him :)

I'm so excited I found this board because there is so much about Catholic traditions/life that I am still learing.

Hope you all have a great week :)

Re: big wave hello to everyone

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello Rcj2rcd,

I pray that this reaches you well. First and foremost welcome to the church. What a blessing it is to come into the church for one, then second to share the process with you future spouses is even better.

This board is a wonderful resources of women. I too could be considered more of a lurker for I only post every now and again but reading though the history you can find some wonderful and helpful suggestions and information about the church and of course weddings.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding and welcome to the board.

In Christ,
    M
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! Your experience sounds quite like mine. My husband was brought up Catholic as well . I was baptized Catholic, but never received the rest of the sacraments. We had been talking about marriage, and he proposed to me right after I was confirmed 2 yrs ago this coming April. RCIA was truly an amazing experience for me as well. It was also wonderful to be able to have a full Mass at our wedding, which is something that we both wanted.

Welcome into the Church family and welcome to the Catholic board. There are a great group of ladies on here that are very understanding and helpful. Congrats on your upcoming wedding and I hope the planning goes well.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! I'm also a convert -- next month, I'm celebrating 5 years since I was confirmed and received my first Eucharist -- although I didn't meet FI until a few years later. :)  I love the RCIA experience, and have done it twice now (once as a sponsor). The ladies around here are always really helpful and have great knowledge about the faith, life in the faith, and the Marriage Prep/wedding process!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome!
    I've been lurking as well and have really enjoyed the conversations on this board! I am also a cradle catholic however my FI is not active in the church. How wonderful that you and your FI share in this special experience! Congrats on the engagement!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks to everyone for the kind words and congratulations to all of the brides-to-be and lucky gals that are already enjoying married life! The knot boards are so fun and welcoming :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards